Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$15
Booking.com$15
CheapTickets$15
Travelocity$15
eDreams$15
Trip.com$17
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Well, I wonder if it was the 'time of year" or just bad luck but the only clients to this guesthouse seemed to be fat old men with prostitutes. Not a place for a girl, and I didn't even step out to the bazaar. I just didn't feel safe being alone. "Noises" in the next room...absolutely gross. On top of that, the A/C hardly worked in my room and for the price I would have expected breakfast. The room was clean but old. Not as much a concern as the other points, and internet worked GREAT. Glad I was only there for one night stay before flying out.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Travelino
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Clean, fresh, spacious rooms with comfy beds and and great value for money! Great a/c and fridges in room! Only 10 minute walk from night bazaar and in a quiet neighbourhood. Also great Internet connection and very friendly staff. Can't fault this place! If back in Chang mai will definitely return with hesitation! :)

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank robinsonjennifer
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel was actualy ok.
Good price, nice room.
Separte shower and toilet.
Good wifi.
Close to the night market of Chiang Mai and all the other clubs.
But the best thing of all is the sweet woman in the lobby.

i dont know if she is the owner but she was so nice and helpful.

Only bad thing was that they didnt had a elevator.
But who cares if you are young :P

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ribas123
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Overpriced, not very friendly staff, tired hotel, dirty rooms, brown water from taps, food and service staff indiferent, charge 10% gratuity on everything. Location is fine but hard to get bearings, stayed 2 nights as everywhere we went was full. paid 600 B and have found better in C.M. previously. Good place to eat if you walk down alley on the right when leaving hotel. (S/B motel).

Room tip: ??? we had two on the 5th floor same same! No lift so if you have lots o'luggage then request a lower floor
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I will be honest - Rux Thai was not my first choice of places to stay. However, with only a few days to find a place to stay in Chiang Mai during high tourist season, nearly all of the availability inquiries I sent out came back with "sorry, we are full during those dates." Rux Thai, however, had availability and was flexible when I had to change my date of arrival.

Rux Thai also offers airport pick up, and in their first e-mail to me, they said this service was available from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, after they found out that I was to arrive at 8:30 p.m., they told me they would send someone, and did. He was waiting for me at the airport, with a placard from the guest house and my name on it.

They offer you tours (as does EVERY hotel and guest house) but don't pressure you. They are very hospitable, and when I asked for a quiet room, were happy to accommodate me. There is WiFi throughout the guest house, the rooms are cleaned each day, and the price is reasonable.

They also have a restaurant (focusing on breakfast and lunch, but hey, you can get dinner at the Night Market, which is nearby). All of the staff members were very nice - no problems at all, and they even helped me by writing something in Thai for me to show to songthaew drivers.

All in all, I do not regret my decision to stay at Rux Thai and would recommend that others do the same.

Room tip: Just ask for a quiet room if you want one. The guest house is located in a quiet area in general, but sometimes they play music downstairs. The rooms toward the back seem to be quieter.
Date of stay: January 2012