Stayed 3 nights in Deluxe Room.
1. Very large bedroom with wifi access. Looks clean. Very large big bathroom with separate bath and shower.
2. Peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. This is a smallish hotel and for for those wanting some peace and quiet, this would be suitable.
3. General decor of hotel is good with wooden floors everywhere.
4. Friendly welcome from staff at reception and lady showing me to room.
5. Had room service one night and thai noodle curry was delicious.
Whats Not Good
1. At night seems like a ghost hotel. Bar almost deserted and totally lacks atmosphere with a guy playing Elvis songs on the piano. Not a great Thai evening experience.
2. Its a river setting but the river is underwhelming. Lot of the rooms at the side of the hotel look on to each other and you need to swivel your head to see some of the river from your balcony. At the front of my room when i go out into the corridor is a very shabby looking collection of derelict warehouses next door to the hotel.
3. Pool area has about 15 sun lounges which fill up quickly. Due to space no room to put other chairs round the pool. Get there early if u want a spot !
4. Gym is spacious and ok. Running machines old and need replaced. Hotel offers gym membership to locals so it can get busy in morning.
5. Breakfast Ok but food left open so small flies evident, especially on fruit.
6. Location not great. Need transport to the tourist areas.
All in all is Ok but I have stayed in far superior hotels for equivalent money in Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the banks of the Mae Ping River, Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai captures the essence of the destination's Lanna ancestry that subtly appears in its architecture and interior decor. Ratilanna Riverside Spa Chiang Mai is only minutes from the airport and the city's popular night bazaar offering the ultimate indulgence of a five-star urban sanctuary ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ratilanna Riverside Chiang Mai
- Ratilanna Riverside Hotel Chiang Mai
- Sofitel Chiang Mai