“Satisfy every palate”
Review of Lava Cafe & Bar

Lava Cafe & Bar
Ranked #31 of 98 Dessert in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lava Cafe Bar & Grill serves cuisines prepared from fresh & quality ingredients. Variety of Lunch & Dinner options are available. - House Special Steaks - AUS / NZ Rib-eye & T-bone - Pasta & Sandwiches - Soups & Salads - Authentic Thai Food Selection of thirst quenchers: - Doi Chaang Coffee & Tea - Fruit smoothies - Cocktails & Wine - Draught Beer We ensure that each guest receives prompt, professional, friendly and courteous service.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Went to Lava for dinner and was impressed by the large menu. Upon the staffs recommendation I got the argentinian prawns in lemon garlic sauce which turned out to be amazing. Service was great and the ambiance was beautiful. My only regret is that I wasn't able to explore other items on the menu and I will definitely have to come here again on my next visit to Thailand.

2  Thank michelle d

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at shangri-la and lava is just 2 blocks away from shangri la towards the way to night bazaar. We had the chance to try quite a few items on their menu as we became frequent visitors. They also do great doi chaang coffees and bakery apart from the wide variety of food offered. I was able to buy a bag of their beans to take home which they grinded and packed for us. In a nutshell all our visits were pleasant and would recommend this establishment.

1  Thank banks57
Reviewed July 29, 2014

A friend living in chiangmai reffered Lava to me for thai food as I am new to this city. We went in hungry and wet from the rain but came out more than satisfied with a big smile on our faces. We had ordered thai curries with rice and pastas. The food was nicely presented and tasted yummy. It was overall a blissful experience including being treated politely but courteous staff. Will visit again soon and would recommend if you are looking for a wonderful evening.

4  Thank kim2cm
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Lava is just along from where i am currently living and i walked past it frequently. i thought it looked smart and tasteful inside with a pleasant terrace as an alternative but somehow never turned into it. Until a downpour decided for me; and I'm delighted it did.

Service is very correct, almost shy but friendly. Prices are modest for the quality and size of the dishes. I've now been in a number of times, never once with minimal disappointment. Quite the opposite. I've only eaten Thai dishes so cannot comment on their Western alternatives. I unreservedly commend and recommend the Thai selection.

The large Mango Smoothies are also well worth the indulgence. And the Panna Cotta, especially with Blueberry coulis of itself would bring me back. Since I lived for years in Italy I can make comparisons and do. Problem is I've not yet been able to sample any of the other desserts.

Another problem is that my forced discovery of Lava has seriously curtailed my exploring the vast range of eateries in Chiang Mai.

But it is very handy....

2  Thank JohnnydiScozia
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

this place is a new addition to chiang mai's long list of restaurants. Nicely designed chic interiors & a very friendly staff. Last but not the least the food was simply fantastic especially the pineapple rice and coconut seafood. Would definitely go again.

2  Thank youngadultravel