Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Chiang Mai Photo Workshops
from $199.00
More Info
All reviews manual mode photography workshop local lifestyle great shots better understanding dumb questions photo opportunities silver temple take pictures shooting iso camera knowledge teaching skills expert insight
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2018

I have done a few photo workshops and this one surpassed them all. From the point of booking it has been such a positive experience and I can honestly say I came away having actually learnt something about how to better use my camera rather than just be taken to photogenic spots and let loose. Both Kevin and Pansa are personable and knowledgeable about photography and of course Chiang Mai. They readily shared their knowledge and skills. We had a great lunch along the way too. It was just me on this trip and I had such a good day. They run a photowprkshp for their homestay that I would love to do one day. This is not a cheap day out but totally worth the cost.

Date of experience: June 2018
KevinLandwerJohan, Owner at Chiang Mai Photo Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review and are happy you found the workshop worth the cost. We always aim to give the best service we can and feedback like your is most encouraging.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

I did the Local Lifestyle Chiang Mai Workshop with Kevin today and it was just as amazing as all the previous reviewers said! Even though I made a last minute booking, he made every effort to tailor it to my needs and interests. Not only did I come away with some great shots, but also a renewed sense of inspiration and motivation to learn more about the post-production and editing phase, something Kevin gave me a great intro to. I also gained insight into local culture through an expat's eyes and a list of restaurant recommendations that I will definitely be trying! A great way to spend my first day in Chiang Mai!

Date of experience: April 2018

Thanks Anna. We appreciate you taking time to leave a review and are happy you enjoyed the workshop. We hope you are continuing to enjoy using your camera and extending your post processing skills.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

I had a great day yesterday with Kevin. He took time to get to know me and we spent time taking shots in the market area. He was good at helping frame shots and tips about lighting. In particular I was more confident about taking people shots.
At lunch and with the benefit of air conditioning we spent time reviewing my work. I could see some good images but he was great at spotting some I might have rejected.
A great experience Kevin, thanks very much and good luck with the homestay.

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you Norma. We appreciate you taking time to leave a review and are happy you enjoyed the workshop. Our homestay is coming along well. It's still low season, so not too busy. We are loving living in the countryside.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

I attended two workshops with Kevin and Pansa last week: The local lifestyle and night workshops (which they no longer offer). I enjoyed both workshops a lot. Kevin and Pansa are two very delightful people, they guided me throughout the workshops and that allowed me to get a better understanding of composition and light. This experience taught me that despite not being a very technical photographer I can still take pictures that tell a story and that was the biggest take of these experiences.

Date of experience: February 2018

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review and are happy you enjoyed the workshop. I hope you are continuing to enjoy visual story telling with your camera

Reviewed February 26, 2018

I have been “living” in Chiang Mai for about 11-12 years during the winter months in upstate New York. I have been to the markets and temples with my camera and have shot many pictures. What I wanted from this course was to get my camera into ready mode, so I could get that shot I have been missing while I prepare my camera. (What is my ISO, the lighting, focal point etc.)
Keven and Pansa provided a terrific day with lots of photo options and changing conditions. My next trip to the night market provided more “keeper” shots since I anticipated the changing conditions. Both are very knowledgeable about their craft but more than that, very receptive to the “dumb” questions and never appeared to be bothered when asked to repeat.
Any level photographer can learn something new from the course and see a part of Chiang Mai you might not have explored.

Date of experience: February 2018

Thank you Bonny. I hope you are continuing to get many more 'keepers' from the markets and everywhere else