“Great teacher”

Chiang Mai Photo Workshops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Do you want to learn how to get the most from your camera? Or just find some of the best locations in and around Chiang Mai to shoot photos? At Chiang Mai Photo Workshops (formerly Chiang Mai Photo Tours) we run photo workshops designed to teach you and provide the best opportunities for creating stunning images. I started Chiang Mai Photo Workshops because I see so many tourists who are obviously not confident using their cameras and I wonder if they are satisfied with the images they are making. We run photo workshops to teach and encourage you to know your camera. Modern cameras are full of incredible technology with many automatic settings that are great for making snapshots. But you can do better than that. You can learn to use your camera to create images with feeling, that tell a story and really communicate your travel experience when you share them with your family and friends. And, if you’re interested, we can even teach you how to sell your photographs. I have over 25 years experience as a professional photographer and I love to share my knowledge and experience with people who want to be better photographers – people who want to learn more about their cameras and more about the art of photography. Signing up for one of our photography workshops will give you the opportunity learn with our team and take the mystery out of your camera, providing you a greater freedom to enjoy the art of photography. Chiang Mai is a culturally rich and visually diverse city full of opportunities to create memorable images. We have designed our photo workshops to give you a genuine experience of the city (and surrounds.) Please take some time to read about the workshops we offer and make a booking. During our travel photography workshops you will have opportunities to extend your photography skills and experience Chiang Mai in ways that most tourists rarely do!
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

I booked the Chiang Mai Market and Chiang Mai at night workshops. I had limited photography experience and looked forward to improving my skills. Kevin is a great photographer and a wonderful teacher/coach. He had me using the manual mode with in minutes. He really helped feel more confident using my camera. Kevin and Pansa provided a wonderful experience. The locations were awesome, very colorful, and probably not too well know to Chiang Mai visitors. Kevin is very patient, full of local knowledge and has a great sense of humor. I am sure he can help any level of photographer. I highly recommend this workshop to anyone interested in photography. You will see improvement in your photography skills and a side of Chiang Mai many visitors overlook.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"camera"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2017

I did two workshops with Kevin and Pansa, covering Chiang Mai Markets and Mae Sa Valley. As a result of the workshops, I'm happy to say I'm no longer reliant on aperture priority and I now shoot on Manual Mode! Thank you Kevin and Pansa for your combined teaching on the technical and creative aspects of getting great photos. I enjoyed the tour and highly recommend it to any photographer travelling to Chiang Mai. I appreciate the ongoing support post tour. Keep up the great work guys, and thank you!!

Reviewed May 15, 2017

Highly recommend. Did a one day tour. It was a great way to see more of Chiang Mai and surrounding areas. Kevin and Pansa, accomplished photographers in their own right, were exceptional. We visited three areas that had ample incredible photo opportunities. I even learned some great lightroom workflow techniques from Kevin over lunch.

1  Thank PierreN416
KevinLJ_ChiangMai, Owner at Chiang Mai Photo Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Thanks Pierre! It was a most enjoyable day for us too. Glad you got a lot out of it and thanks for such a nice review!

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

I booked the night photography tour. I am a pretty experienced amateur photographer but even then I still learned some new tips and tricks. Above all Kevin was such a nice guy and I had a great time talking to him about photography in general. And I got some great shots

Thanks for your review! It's always good to know we're still able to encourage and teach even the more experienced photographers who join our workshops.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

This is a superb workshop , it gave us a unique insight into Chiang Mai while at the same time teaching us how to use our camera. If you want to learn to use those features on your camera you've avoided then this is the workshop for you.
Kevin is a vastly experienced photographer with a real gift for teaching , he quickly finds out what level you and your equipment is at and builds the teaching from there.

I will return and perhaps take the 5 day workshop.

Wonderful day and what a way to see Chiang Mai

Thank you John, we appreciate your kind review and do hope you can join us again for a 5 day workshop