“Amazing workshop ! ”

Chiang Mai Photo Workshops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Do you want to learn how to get the most from your camera? Or just find some of the best locations in and around Chiang Mai to shoot photos? At Chiang Mai Photo Workshops (formerly Chiang Mai Photo Tours) we run photo workshops designed to teach you and provide the best opportunities for creating stunning images. I started Chiang Mai Photo Workshops because I see so many tourists who are obviously not confident using their cameras and I wonder if they are satisfied with the images they are making. We run photo workshops to teach and encourage you to know your camera. Modern cameras are full of incredible technology with many automatic settings that are great for making snapshots. But you can do better than that. You can learn to use your camera to create images with feeling, that tell a story and really communicate your travel experience when you share them with your family and friends. And, if you’re interested, we can even teach you how to sell your photographs. I have over 25 years experience as a professional photographer and I love to share my knowledge and experience with people who want to be better photographers – people who want to learn more about their cameras and more about the art of photography. Signing up for one of our photography workshops will give you the opportunity learn with our team and take the mystery out of your camera, providing you a greater freedom to enjoy the art of photography. Chiang Mai is a culturally rich and visually diverse city full of opportunities to create memorable images. We have designed our photo workshops to give you a genuine experience of the city (and surrounds.) Please take some time to read about the workshops we offer and make a booking. During our travel photography workshops you will have opportunities to extend your photography skills and experience Chiang Mai in ways that most tourists rarely do!
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

This is a superb workshop , it gave us a unique insight into Chiang Mai while at the same time teaching us how to use our camera. If you want to learn to use those features on your camera you've avoided then this is the workshop for you.
Kevin is a vastly experienced photographer with a real gift for teaching , he quickly finds out what level you and your equipment is at and builds the teaching from there.

I will return and perhaps take the 5 day workshop.

Wonderful day and what a way to see Chiang Mai

KevinLJ_ChiangMai, Owner at Chiang Mai Photo Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Thank you John, we appreciate your kind review and do hope you can join us again for a 5 day workshop

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"camera"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2017

Kevin and Pansa were simply wonderful. I was fortunate enough to have them both to myself for this workshop so needless to say i had a personal one on one experience. The locations are fun and beautiful with culture and history. Kevin is very knowledgable about photography and we had several very engaging conversations. I am a working photographer now but shoot mostly beauty and fashion so this was a completely different genre for me. He helped me understand ways of seeing the subject and telling a story with my pictures. It was a great day and wonderful way to experience some of Chiang Mai!

Thank you Sue. We hope you are still enjoying other areas of photography that will stretch you to new creative places!

Reviewed February 10, 2017

Very useful and enjoyable day spent in Chiang Mai with Kevin and Pansa. I am sure this will help improve my photo technique. I would class my self as an interested photographer with basic technical and composing knowledge and the day gave me plenty to work on.

Thank you Max. We are pleased you enjoyed your day with us and hope you are continuing to practice what you learned.

Reviewed February 3, 2017

My wife and I took the Chiang Mai and Night workshops this week and really enjoyed them. We were very jet lagged after a 24 hour flight and 12 hour time change but Kevin was stilll able to penetrate our fogged minds and provide some reslly good instruction. We really liked his systematic yet experimental approach to photography. He knows where to go and how to get compelling photos. This was a worthwhile experience.

(As time permits, I plan to post some photos from these workshops on our travel blog iBallRTW[dot]com)

KevinLJ_ChiangMai, Owner at Chiang Mai Photo Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Thanks for your review! We are pleased you both pressed on despite your jetlag and enjoyed learning together. Nice to see the Iron Bridge photo on your blog already and a lovely shot of the little girl at the village (her name is Ma Hui.) We'd love to see some of your photos and read your comments in our Flickr group!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

I did the 1 day tour in chiang mai with Kevin and Pansa and it was awesome!
I stumbled upon their workshops and read all the great reviews here and I can only say that they were true.

I was the only one that day and I had a really great intense day with the two of them and the workshop was very helpful for me. I'm an absolute beginner and I always used the auto mode on my camera...until now. Kevin taught me enough in this one day that I now feel much more confident with the manual mode and I enjoy playing around with the settings.

I never knew what to look for in a great photo and Kevin's tips helped me a great deal with that. The course changed the way I think about taking pictures and it was great to follow Kevin around and watch him interact with the locals.
It's really worth the money. And I'm pretty sure that the pictures I'll take from now on in Thailand will be much better.

I would definitely recommend the course to everyone interested in improving his/ her photo art. The day was really great: from the advice to the lunch to the places we went to. And most of all: Pansa and Kevin are super nice people and a lot of fun to spent the day with.

Thank you for a great workshop!!

Thank you Lisa. We are very happy you found the workshop so helpful. Keep on shooting! We'd love to see some of your photos in our Flickr group! We wish you all the very best with your new venture when you return home.