“Exceeded my Expectations!”

Chiang Mai Photo Workshops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Do you want to learn how to get the most from your camera? Or just find some of the best locations in and around Chiang Mai to shoot photos? We run workshops designed to teach you how to enjoy your camera more and get stunning results. We'll also take you places most tour guides will not. We started these workshops because we see so many tourists who are not confident using their cameras. Modern cameras are full of incredible technology with many automatic settings. These are great for making snapshots. But you can do better than that. You can learn to use your camera to create images with feeling. Photos tell a story and really communicate your travel experience. I have over 25 years experience as a professional photographer. Please visit our website to read details of the workshops and make a booking.
Reviewed March 18, 2017

Kevin and Pansa were simply wonderful. I was fortunate enough to have them both to myself for this workshop so needless to say i had a personal one on one experience. The locations are fun and beautiful with culture and history. Kevin is very knowledgable about photography and we had several very engaging conversations. I am a working photographer now but shoot mostly beauty and fashion so this was a completely different genre for me. He helped me understand ways of seeing the subject and telling a story with my pictures. It was a great day and wonderful way to experience some of Chiang Mai!

KevinLJ_ChiangMai, Owner at Chiang Mai Photo Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Thank you Sue. We hope you are still enjoying other areas of photography that will stretch you to new creative places!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"camera"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2017

Very useful and enjoyable day spent in Chiang Mai with Kevin and Pansa. I am sure this will help improve my photo technique. I would class my self as an interested photographer with basic technical and composing knowledge and the day gave me plenty to work on.

Thank you Max. We are pleased you enjoyed your day with us and hope you are continuing to practice what you learned.

Reviewed February 3, 2017

My wife and I took the Chiang Mai and Night workshops this week and really enjoyed them. We were very jet lagged after a 24 hour flight and 12 hour time change but Kevin was stilll able to penetrate our fogged minds and provide some reslly good instruction. We really liked his systematic yet experimental approach to photography. He knows where to go and how to get compelling photos. This was a worthwhile experience.

(As time permits, I plan to post some photos from these workshops on our travel blog iBallRTW[dot]com)

KevinLJ_ChiangMai, Owner at Chiang Mai Photo Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Thanks for your review! We are pleased you both pressed on despite your jetlag and enjoyed learning together. Nice to see the Iron Bridge photo on your blog already and a lovely shot of the little girl at the village (her name is Ma Hui.) We'd love to see some of your photos and read your comments in our Flickr group!

Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

I did the 1 day tour in chiang mai with Kevin and Pansa and it was awesome!
I stumbled upon their workshops and read all the great reviews here and I can only say that they were true.

I was the only one that day and I had a really great intense day with the two of them and the workshop was very helpful for me. I'm an absolute beginner and I always used the auto mode on my camera...until now. Kevin taught me enough in this one day that I now feel much more confident with the manual mode and I enjoy playing around with the settings.

I never knew what to look for in a great photo and Kevin's tips helped me a great deal with that. The course changed the way I think about taking pictures and it was great to follow Kevin around and watch him interact with the locals.
It's really worth the money. And I'm pretty sure that the pictures I'll take from now on in Thailand will be much better.

I would definitely recommend the course to everyone interested in improving his/ her photo art. The day was really great: from the advice to the lunch to the places we went to. And most of all: Pansa and Kevin are super nice people and a lot of fun to spent the day with.

Thank you for a great workshop!!

Thank you Lisa. We are very happy you found the workshop so helpful. Keep on shooting! We'd love to see some of your photos in our Flickr group! We wish you all the very best with your new venture when you return home.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 10, 2017

I booked the night workshop and the one day Mae Sa Valley workshop. Kevin and Pansa met me at the Iron Bridge and help me set up. I was the only person and felt very special. Some great tips and discussion about composition and camera settings. very happy with the results. The next day was fantastic. the visit to the temple and advice on composition really helped get the most out of the location. Waiting for the light to be just perfect to get the perfect shot. Then onto the village, the relationship that Kevin and Pansa have with the locals allowed for some more candid photos than just the posed shots. It was a Sunday and the villagers were attending church. At the end of the service they worked together to take down the Christmas tree allowing for some lovely interaction between the different tribal groups. Truly a community working together. As we got there early before the mad tourist rush. I got to take photos of the girls putting on their makeup and the beautiful interaction between young girls getting ready. Kevin giving tips on composition and looking for distractions in the background. Pansa's interaction with the kids helped get really candid photos that wouldn't have been possible if you just did a tourist trip to the village. Then onto the elephants, this was challenging to get the light and movement setting right. Then onto lunch which was wonderful being a foodie I really appreciated the selection. Lastly the orchids Pansa has a passion for macro photography and she guided me through some excellent shots.

Thanks for your time and professionalism

Thanks for leaving us such a lovely review Wendy. We are so pleased you enjoyed your workshops with us. We look forward to seeing you post some results on our Flickr page and hope you'll join in the discussion there.