Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SeattleBasedVagabond
Seattle, Washington

Location, location, location...and some nice-enough rooms...not cheap

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 27, 2013
After much research, my wife chose this "resort" and made the reservations...which turned out to be difficult to do for a stay a few days before New Years (when half of Thailand goes on vacation). The room we reserved turned out to be a small stand alone "box" with no windows (though some panels you could open to get fresh air, but would have to close at night for security. The room was barely bigger than the king sized bed in it.

There had been one cancelation on a larger chalet (same price), so we quickly moved.

The rooms in the newer multi-unit building were probably nicer (and a bit more expensive), but were sold out, so we didn't have a chance to tour.

Breakfast was good, especially if you asked for something freshmade (e.g. scrambled eggs) as they had a moderate variety buffet.

Overall the place was good enough, but nothing special in and of itself. What made the place special was its proximity to Doi-Inthanon (entrance just a few minutes up the road), and various out-of-park amazing waterfalls. The price was fairly high for Thailand, but not unreasonable considering the location. We would go back, with expectations set that it isn't really a "resort", just a reasonable place to stay near Doi Inthanon.
Date of stay: December 2012
Room Tip: Do NOT take the smallest rooms (stand alone older shacks with no windows).
Trip type: Traveled with family
    $104
    $119
29.2 miles from Touch Star Resort
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This year I and my family have decided to stay at Touch Star Resort again…. because I was very impressed on last year when I stayed at Touch Star resort. The owner is absolutely nice, friendly and take care about all guests, that I feel warm welcome there.
The place it’s convenient location and well connect to my next place and the surrounding very nice and clean, it feels good to be there and private. My family and I really enjoy eating their foods in dining room, employees are very friendly. This night I can see a lot of stars in the sky and cold weather.. I promise I will be back again in next year.

Room tip: Single house good for big family
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MInd A
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We came here as a stopover in the way back from Mae Hong Son. Yes the grounds are sort of nice but tacky and over manicured. We stayed in the 1500b rooms, way overpriced for what it is. Terrible breakfast, tiny room. Wouldn't recommend it, much better value rooms in nearby hotels.

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and me went to Touch star resort. Staffs are so friendly and very nice place. We'll back again....so sad to check out. Good air , good foods, good place. We miss you all. See you soon!
Marry and Jeff

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Marry H
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm very impress when I stay at Touch star resort, the resort very near Doi Inthanon nature park and easy to travel around resort. I love their organic plant and small garden I enjoy to shower mineral water in my room. That's very nice.

Room tip: I love Single cottage room type
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ting0809
Reviewed June 7, 2012

After a long day of driving, hiking, and sight seeing, the Touch Star Resort was a very welcomed sight. Tucked back off the main road, but well marked and easy to get to, the resort offered very clean and comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price (1200 Baht, off-season, including breakfast) Be forewarned that it is very difficult to have to leave this place in the morning. The staff is so lovely, the landscape is just breathtaking. The Touch Star Resort feels like a peaceful home away from home.

Room tip: There is a rippling creek behind the small bungalows which is lovely to sleep to. However, if running water is not your idea of a peaceful sleep, the A/C drowns out the sounds very well.
Date of stay: June 2012