“Enjoyed my stay a lot!”

Ranked #133 of 376 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Ao Nang, Thailand
“Enjoyed my stay a lot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Quiet place, good Wifi, comfortable beds,
Friendly staff, 24 h security, English speaking TV channels, hot water and pressure shower,
Good value for money!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank NinoandAlex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great place ideally situated in a quiet Soi off a main road behind a Buddhist Temple. Friendly, clean, safe and cheap only 380baht per night per room with aircon, a bargain but the beds are just too damn hard to sleep on for a western body thats used to a soft mattress. to some I may sound like a whiner but I have been living in Asia for 3.5 yrs and I sleep on a hard mattress all the time but this place was extra hard even for me. You can find local food nearby and across the moat at night there are Thai food vendors selling tasty Pad Thai for 30 baht among many other dishes. So yes I can recommend this place but with reservations if you need a soft bed to sleep on.

Room Tip: Stay here if you are on a budget and can speak Thai otherwise checkout the backpacker area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DirtyPierreOnTour
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I was there in 4 different occasions in December of 2009. Each time I was happy to be there where I could get a clean shower, clean bed, and wifi (though you have to pay a little).

They were nice enough to let my group of 15 store all our huge packs (80-90L) and then some without any extra charge. (Maybe it helped that we had a native speaker?)

It's right by the moats, several shopping centres, night markets, and local restaurants, but far away from the main road to have traffic far away enough it's not noisy or busy.

There is free "breakfast" which is just some bread coffee, but hey, free is free. I personally drank about 2 cups every morning, and then some at other parts of the day where you technically have to pay...but I never did. lol

Anyone who says this place isn't great, maybe it's you, and not them. haha

Room Tip: There are no elevators, but all 4 times I ended up on the 2nd floor. I don't know if being on th...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank rev217_chino
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Western house hotel was great, quiet, free coffee all day and really clean. Its not in the greatest location but there is a good night market just across the moat and its within walking distance of evrything - or a quick tuk tuk ride. Wifi was fine for our stay and staff friendly enough. Only complaint is the beds were pretty hard. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed September 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stay here for four nights. It was very quiet and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I can have coffee any time in the day time for free. And also free wifi.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Por321
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

I always find it tricky to follow other people's advice on hotels or holiday destinations because I tend to be quite picky... However, I am trying to be a little bit more open-minded and trusting of others' opinions... A few days ago I was attending a cookery class in Chiang Mai and got talking to this very nice girl from Florida... We were discussing accomodation in Chiang Mai and she mentioned that hers was "absolutely amazing"... "Clean and well located"...
I was planning to be back in Chiang Mai for one night after a couple of days in the countryside and jumped on the occasion: the girl seemed genuinely wowed by the place, and had only good things to say about it... I didn't take the time to check the place beforehand, and trusted her judgement... Had I checked Tripadvisor, i would only have found good comments on the place too... Well... That's what I mean when I say it is hard to trust other people's opinions: I am truly wondering how anyone could recommend this place!?
Western House Chiang Maimay may be clean, but that's about it... Unfriendly staff, crap Wifi connection, extremely noisy - once in your room, don't expect silence and tranquility, you can hear just about every door being closed in the hotel, full of noisy backpackers and not that well located...
For 400 bahts you can for sure find better in Chiang Mai... Avoid it...
Avoid it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank AntoineLondonSW11
vud321, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
We are very sorry about what happen to our guest. We had a big group 15 rooms came together in that day. In normaly ,our place is very peaceful,comfortable,clean and safe accommodation with warm and cordial service.

Travelers are raving about these Chiang Mai hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

Nice clean room, aircon, fridge, couple of bottles of water per day and a little balcony (useful for drying clothes).

We paid 400B/night. No free internet, but was available for 40B/day (a little slow, not good enough for Skype, but fine for checking emails etc). Plenty of restaurants/spas give you free access if you use their services.

Located in the north of the old town, very close to the ring road, but wasn't at all noisey. Pleasant 10 minute walk to the tourist areas.

We didn't use any of the tours they offered, but they were happy to book tours for us when we gave them the flyer. All in all a really nice stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple