“There are better alternatives for accommodation”
Review of B.M.P. Residence

B.M.P. Residence
Ranked #314 of 381 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Prague, Czech Republic
“There are better alternatives for accommodation”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent 2 nights in B.M.P. in 2 different rooms. Both had poorly maintained bathroom and squeaing beds. Facility is a bit worn out. On the other hand rooms are quite big, some have windows outside, some have windows oriented into corridors. It is far from the center or food stalls. Area is quiet and room as well, unless you get noisy neighbors as walls are really tiny. I think the accommodation fits to young groups with low expectations and focus on hanging out within accommodation. For rest of our stay we moved to other hotel next to the city wall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
toronto
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The location of this place is actually quite bad. It is outside the main city walls, and therefore is quite a long walk from anything. The airconditioned rooms are quite nice; however they are way more expensive then airconditioned guesthouses within the city. The fan rooms have a musty/moldy smell to them. The service was great; however don't book your daily excusions with their travel agency. Every activity we did it seemed we paid more than everyone else from other guest houses. We heard their restaurant was terrible so we never ate there, but they do have free wifi in the lobby area. There is a nice pool but I doubt their is any chlorine in it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the BMP guest house for 3 nights in July 2012. We had two different rooms, the second much nicer than the first, but they had all the basics. It's worth getting a room with AC, and the water pressure is pretty much non-existant, but that seemed to be the case throughout the city. There's a nice pool at the BMP Resident which is a short walk away. It's a typical backpacker place with a hostel-like atmosphere, good for something you won't spend a lot of time at.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and I really liked that it was family run (they even ate breakfast together). Overall it's very satisfactory as long as you aren't expecting luxury.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were offered this place by a tourist office in Bangkok during our stay in Viengtai hotel when we booked our trip to Chiang Mai. We had a three-bed-room with a/c and enjoyed our stay. The staff is friendly, the arrangements for tours and pick-ups are punctually and the rooms are clean. Only the bathroom is very small and the shower was right next to the toilet. I would recommend it as a place to meet other backpackers and start your tours from there. The room was quiet because it is a 15 min walk away from the main attractions and the beds were more than ok. I would definately give it a try. Ask for the 2 day trekking tour! We enjoyed it a lot with other nice people and our wonderful tourguide Jayjay alias "Jungleboy"!

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My first off impression was not bad as I was only there for a night. It's very basic, but hot water and chea as chips!

They allowed me to keep my back pack in the locker room for 1 week whilst I was at the Elephant Nature Park and I paid for 2 more nights after my trip, without stupidly getting a reciept! However things changed and I decided I wanted to go to Pai instead so....

I turned up and told the woman on reception she demanded to know why I was not staying (!!) and then (although I never was expecting a refund) demanded to see my receipt for refund. I told her I didn't have one and she asked me who served me the day I left????? I don't know!!!! She got quite stroppy and said "no refund" Which as I say I was expecting.

I would have given a more positive report had it not been for her rudeness and lack of knowledge on what staff work when and for relying on me to give her all the details on her staff!!!!!

Not too bad if you are passing through like I was and if you don't mind walking 20 - 30 mins to the main part of Chiang Mai.

• Stayed July 2012
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I only stayed two nights, one before and one after a jungle trek, but I liked it. They have pretty good food, a bar, comfortable rooms, they're very helpful with anything travel-related. I rented a scooter while staying here, and drove it around the city a bit. It can be kinda crazy so be careful.
Tell Mr. Promise and Mr. Sun Neil says 'hi!'

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've stayed at BMP 2 times already and always liked. Of course its not 5 star hotel but the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. I don't understand why people mind that you have the shower and toilet in one room. Thats very common in Thailand and I have found in all the places I have stayed. The pool is nice and you can chill out in the sun after the trekking, which was amazing by the way. I was travelling on my own and met great people on the track I went travelling with in Laos after that. The staff is also very helpful and friendly. The restaurant is ok, you can get better food outside but the cocktails and drinks are cheap. At night they have live music so its a good option to kick off the night. Overall I had an awesome time at BMP.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo