“A brilliant week”
Review of B.M.P. Residence

B.M.P. Residence
Ranked #317 of 389 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I can't believe that the people writing such negative reviews, stayed in the same place I did. What did they expect for their 500 baht - a 5* hotel? Ok, so the rooms were a bit jaded and shabby but were clean and well furnished with constant hot water, a/c, cable tv and free wi fi. Amenities included a well stocked cocktail bar and a reasonably priced restaurant with good service. There was also a full size swimming pool complete with slide and diving board and a jaccuzzi. Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful - I had a brilliant week and thought it great value for money!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I booked to stay at the B.M.P whilst in Bangkok. I would advise anyone going to Chang Mai to wait until they get to Chang Mai to book places to stay or treks! One staff member inparticular was very rude to me. The rooms were simple, with ensuite - where to shower i had to navigate the sink and couldnt avoid soaking the toilet! The trek was amazing apart from the guide, who went too fast the first day and didnt stop to tell us anything interesting about the jungle or let us enjoy the views. The food whilst on the trek was amazing, (the only redeeming feature!) the tribes were fantastic and the scenery was stunning, it was a shame about the guide who was moody to say the least. It is quite a trek from town too which is a shame as town is a lot of fun. The place is expensive for what it is and there are much cheaper options in town which have cheap internet and places to eat at every corner!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This Place is not worth the money- it was booked by an agency in Bangkok and just horrible.you cannot sleep in these "beds",its dirty and staff is not kind.no service at all,location: not recommended.there are much better places in Chiang Mai!!!
At BMP they only want to sell trekking tours,the rooms are the lowest standard I ever saw before (travelled a lot,also e.g. Bolivia)

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Far from everything, cheap, simple, could've been cleaner. Very plain breakfast - tost + cheese, 1 tea/coffee, next cup is extra paid, which you learn on your way out :/
Staff is quite indifferent to guests. I don't know, if you could find cheaper place to stay, if not, maybe it is ok. Chang Mai is nice, especially sunday, when there is a great market in the center.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

If you don't mind bugs, dirty floors, stained and threadbare sheets, mouldy sheets/walls/ceiling, bedbugs, and a bathroom where the toilet, shower and sink are just in the same place, then this sh1thole is for you. My husband and i were recommended by our shady travel agent in Bangkok, and as soon as we saw the room, we walked out, called the agent, and demanded to go somewhere else. We ended up staying at the Royal Lanna hotel, which was WAY better.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 17, 2011

When we arrived at this guest house we were impressed with how nice it looked and were looking forward to staying at BMP. After signing in at reception, without explanation, we were put back into a car and driven to BMP's sister guesthouse called BMP House. This guest house does not have a pool like the BMP residence does, so we refused to stay at BMP House and demanded to go back to BMP Residence.
Back at the Residence a quite rude receptionist showed us to a room at Residence and told us this was the only room available (take it or leave it). So we took the room, which looked quite nice , and settled in for our weeks stay.
Later that evening as we were going to bed, I was just about to switch the lamp off next to the bed and luckily noticed a small insect crawling out of my wifes pillow.......a bed bug. I told my wife and she jumed out of bed to discover another bed bug already gorging itself on her foot.

By now it was about 1am. We went straight to the reception and spoke to a male receptionist and demanded to be moved to another room. The receptionist immediately appologised and handed me a key to another room.......so much for only have one room available. The new room was better, in that it had no bed bugs, but after being shunted to sister guest houses and then bed bugs my room, my feelings about staying at this guesthouse are irreversible.

But I guess, if you're happy to be moved about without explanation, to share some of your body with parasitic insects, then you may like this place.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Booked the BMP as part of a trekking package we booked in Bangkok. The hotel is decent - rooms spacious with decent bathroom. Excellent bar and huge pool. Lockerroom is very safe, but I advise to bring along your own lock to safe time and it will be handy accross asia.

We did the 1 night, 2 day trekking package which was absoutely fantastic. This can be booked through the hotel - the team on the desk are great!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends