Lowest prices for your stay
$7
Krommenie, The Netherlands

Best guesthouse Chiang Mai

Review of ZZ House
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 11, 2019via mobile
I come here every year for a period of 3 months and every year its for me a fest to come back again. like every year there were many nice guests and I loved the chatting at the table,with Boyd as the animator in the centre. For a nice stay in a hotel in Chiang Mai can I recommend Zz House as a hotel with reasonable prices a nice shower and a clean room on walking distance to the centre of Chiang Mai.
Date of stay: February 2019
    $265
    $302
0.2 miles from ZZ House
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of September and it was wonderful. The beds were comfortable, the air con was great, it was quiet, and Boyd the host is lovely and incredibly helpful. The only downside was that the room didn't really have any windows in themselves. Would definitely commend though !

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in ZZ house for five nights and loved our time there. Our host Boyd made us feel welcome from the very start. He was very informative and had our best interests at heart during the entire stay. He was extremely helpful advising on the dos and don’ts of the area and helping us to avoid tourist traps. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. We would highly recommend a stay here! Thanks Boyd!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank neeetsy
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the ZZ House twice. In between we went to Pai and Boyd (the Host) let us leave our backpacks with him. We came back during Songkran and we had an amazing time with him and the other guests.
Rooms are basic but provide everything you need. Besides the whole house and the patio get constantly cleaned by Boyd. So everything is -very- clean. Although is a ten to fifteen minutes walk to the oldtown we definitely recommend this place!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank michaelrD4150PW
Reviewed April 7, 2018

Great value for money, we were also able to check in at 8am after getting the night bus from Bangkok which was appreciated!

Rooms were clean and quiet and there was a supermaket and 7/11 around the corner. The old town was around 15 mins walk which we didn't mind (there are red buses close by if needed).

Boyd was great and gave us some ideas for sightseeing, he was always around if we needed anything.

We've already booked to stay here again, thanks Boyd!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Awesome place to stay. Clean, private and well-equipped rooms (including table/desk, mirror, and individual refrigerator!), comfortable beds, and a shared kitchen space upstairs. But the highlight of the stay is getting to meet and talk with Boyd!! He truly is the best - hilarious, genuine/honest, helpful, knowledgeable and kind - a great mix of qualities that will make your stay at ZZ House entertaining and enjoyable.
I found the location perfect for me. I usually choose places not right in the center of everything as they’re usually calmer and quieter - which I found ZZ House to be. It’s nice having the river nearby, as well as a local convenience store, a full grocery store with great selection of everything and a 7-11 all within 2 minutes walk from ZZ House.
You get great quality at a very reasonable price here and I don’t think you’ll find another place like this in Chiang Mai. This is why I have returned to ZZ House a second time in my travels, and I will definitely stay there again anytime I return to Chiang Mai.

Thank you for making my stay in Chiang Mai so fantastic, Boyd!! Hope you are doing well and hope to see you again soon!

PS - Yes, there is a school across the street and you will hear things like children playing, music practice and announcements being made. But you’ll likely be getting up around the time the school begins - if not, just sleep with some earplugs if your room faces the school. I actually enjoyed getting to see and hear how the school was run - it’s experiences like this that are a reason for traveling. If I wanted to have all the ease, peace and quiet of home, I’d stay there and forget traveling and experiencing different environments. Thankfully, the area is very quiet at night, so you can get a good rest :)

Date of stay: October 2017