“It really is "All in 1" - we'll be back!”

All in 1 Guesthouse
Ranked #12 of 718 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Queensland, Australia
“It really is "All in 1" - we'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Apologies Gilles & crew for this very late review - a mixed year as you know. We used All in 1 as our main base for our motorcycle trip around Northern Thailand. We stayed there three times in October 2010 - three different rooms, all very large and clean, with fridge, in room wi-fi (or can use computer in bar area), TV, aircon and ensuite bathroom. The bathroom was small and toilet gets wet when you shower, but this took all of 5 minutes to get used to. Amazing value for the price we paid. A small maintenance problem was fixed immediately. We did not experience any noise problems - just the normal street sounds you would expect anywhere in Asia. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice and at reasonable cost. Laundry service also available. We loved the location and exploring the Soi's nearby. Lots of restaurants all around the area and we just loved the old town setting, watching all the activity, and enjoying a Pastis (or two) in the relaxing bar area at the end of a busy day. Loved it, so glad we stayed at All in 1 - we'll be back!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Well if you are on a limited budget then this place is fine, rooms are clean but basic, but the noise from surrounding area was too much for a good nights sleep for me, I did notice ear plugs are provided in the rooms so clearly this is a recognised problem.
Staff where very helpful and friendly and the guesthouse has a nice sitting area to have a drink or a bite to eat, it is in a good location for exploring Chaing Mai so if you can live with little sleep try it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeUK59
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Good location to explore Old City. The bar & patio are a great place to wrap up an evening. What makes this place is Gilles and his crew; They are welcoming and knowledgeable. They will help you make the most of your stay in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank spatulapete
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on our last night in Chiang Mai. This was definitely the best guesthouse we stayed during our five days in Chiang Mai, and we wished we had stayed here longer. It is nicely decorated, clean, quiet, and in a great location. Also, Guilles, the owner, is hilarious and will help you book day trips, find a good restaurant for you and even hire a taxi. But the coolest thing Guilles did was allow my wife and I to shower before our evening flight even though we had already checked out of our room earlier in the morning. You will not regret staying here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marty W
Stanley, Falkland Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Spacious rooms & very clean. Gill & his staff are friendly & very polite. They have a wide range of tours including; a days training with the elephants, cooking & various trekking tours & will assist you with anything else that takes your fancy. The day with the elephants was amazing! We loved this place & Chiang Mai so much, that we came back for a second week. This is one of the best Hostels we have stayed in. Thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed your Tiramisu!! Hope to see you all again one day. Cathy & Mark

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here for six nights and loved the All in 1 and Chiang Mai so much we came back for another seven nights. They have an excellent range of tours at very competitive prices and give you some real insight into which ones to take. At the same time you are not pressured into anything. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. There is a great atmosphere here and it's location is perfect. The best thing though is the five star treatment you receive from the staff. We will return.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

During my 6 week trip around SE Asia I have often looked to Tripadvisor for advice on where to stay as I also did when I wanted to book a place for my partner and myself in Chiang Mai. The reviews for this place seemed good and so I made a booking via email.
Now, how this place has received such positive reviews is a complete mystery to me! The front desk (I believe one of the girls was even the daughter of the owner) was rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. The room was tiny, looked onto a dirty wall with just a tiny space inbetween where wet,dirty dishcloths were being hung up, it STANK of cigarette smoke, the "bathroom" was the size of a cupboard-you had to literally stand on the toilet to have a shower....
My heart sank when I took all this in. This was the worst place I had booked the whole trip. We were supposed to stay for 4 nights but instead of checking out Chiang Mai's sights we decided to find another guesthouse on our first afternoon in the city. As we didn't want to be financially unfair to All in 1 we told them in the evening we would be leaving but stayed for 1 night so they wouldn't have to have an empty room. I felt bad about this but it was just too depressing to stay there.
I would like to add though, that in the morning the staff that served breakfast in the bar area were sweet and friendly.

1 Thank natacherry