Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I think this is slightly over rated than what I expected. The reviews that I read in trip advisor I thought it's great great place in terms of price and it's location and standard of the rooms. The first thing I was slightly put off because the owner Mr. Pahom did not give me any time to sit down and just take little time to sort out formalities, first of all he asked me to pay full payment of my 7 days stay in advance!! I felt like I had no choice if I want to move somewhere for any reasons. It was first shock! I'm not sure what category of people check in there that Mr. Pathom is very concerned of his payment? After that I'm sorry to say that I was not sure of him. However, first two days no hot water than it was sorted out, rooms are very tired needs bit of paint and bathrooms showers needs to be upgraded, it's shabby, I'm saying this comparing other places near or next door to Chaba where price is not that high but rooms are included TV, nice bathrooms and all other facilities, nice towels, bed linens and so on and very comfortable. Mr. Pathom can invest some money to his old building and make it bit more nicer. Thailand in general is cheap, he is NOT extremely cheap comparing to others in the same place may be difference of USD 2-5 maximum. I agree that he has nice little garden but than how long we sit in the garden in hot days??? Next door Royal Shilton residence, very new, lovely rooms with ensuite bathrooms, nice and comfortable bed, cable TV, hot and cold water, fridge in the room with 2 bottles of water complimentary every day, very clean and more over they don't ask any money when you check in and they are very relaxed. its Very quiet too. The price is 500Bht. but of course no breakfast! But does it really matter!! Going to town can be bit of drag because it's slightly out of town area. Some time it can cost you 70-80Bht if not more.

Room tip: rooms in the garden possibly bit better!
Date of stay: September 2012
9  Thank RazDorset
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I loved my stay here, Pathom and his wife are both great. On the first day, they took me out and showed me the surrounding area, whic helped a lot. Breakfast was great, and they are very helpful if you want to organize cooking courses or trekkings. The place is very clean and taken care of. No bugs or anything like that.
It has a lot of food places and 7/11 near by, however it's a bit further from the old city, but it's you take a tuk tuk or bike, it's a short ride.
All in all, you only plan to go to the old city once or twice and fill out the rest of yor time with courses and activities this place is great. Good value too. Defiantly recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank Ivankatz
Reviewed June 21, 2012

lovely place, nice staff clean rooms, decent breakfast included, but unfortunately way further out than expected. costs 100 baht every time you want to go into main city area which adds about 200baht a day to your budget. really is a nice place if you want to be away from it all but if you want a bit of excitement it's not the place for you. most people staying there are there for a couple of months on courses so if this is what you want it's perfect but as a young couple exploring it wasn't for us, switched after first night.

Room tip: we were out in one of the garden rooms, the best option i think, very peaceful and nice little garden to look out on
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Clodagh M
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The rooms where ok, warm water all the time, wifi and fan or air cond.
The place is very nice and full of nature, the people that works there is nice and very kind.
Mr. Pathom is the kind of owner that will tell you where to go, how, when and will help you with everything you may need, kind of like a father, you have a cold he finds you natural cold medicine, you got a mosquito bite, he gives you something.
The breakfast is included and its amazing it is so big it fills you up from 8am to 5pm or more, there is drinkable water available 24/7, it is 30 secs away from restaurants and a 7eleven, its easy to get there and you wont get lost.
2 minutes from there there is a street full of food and fresh fruits and local stores.
you have an internet place 15sec walk in case you didn't bring your computer.
You have an available kitchen to cook whatever you need anytime.
Bike rental near too.
Has a Tv with cable on the kitchen, oh and hot water for tea all times!
you can walk to the main street (malls, gym, stores) and it will take 10 minutes the most, for me 6 min.
from downtown you can walk like 30min or take a tuc tuc for 20 bath and its like 7 min
EVERYTHING PERFECT AND GREAT PRICE, I am going back to chiang mai and i wouldnt choose any other place

Room tip: Rooms on top are brighter, the cabins are very very nice
Date of stay: May 2011
4  Thank allyzmac
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've seen Chaba House from my Thai Massage School TMC's reference page for accomodations and when i saw the pictures of the place, i fell in love with it! And it was 6th January, 2012, i arrived in Chiang Mai to stay in this beautiful Guest House for 5 weeks. I had great friendships there. In Chaba House, you become like a family. The owner of the place, his name is Mr. Pathom, he is a wonderfal man, speaks English very good. A young couple, Dan and Moi work in Chaba House, they are also very lovely people. The breakfast is Vegetarian and is prepared by Mr.Pathom's lovely wife, she is a great person with high hospitality. The rooms are big and you have your own toilet and shower. You can rent bicycles for 30 Baht a day from Dan.
I had the most great times of my life for 5 weeks with my other Thai Massage Student friends in Chaba House and i will never forget it. I hope i will be there next year again. It is near the city center, you can get a tuk tuk or rent a motorbike to go around the city. Around Chaba House, there is everything you can find, food, clothes, street vendors, stationary, supermarkets, atm's, ....everthing...
I want to thank for everthing to Mr.Pathom, his wife, staff of the guesthouse Dan and Moi, and other travellers....
You will never regret your stay in Chaba House and it will teach you a lot!
The prices of the rooms are too reasonable so go and see it yourself! And enjoy the garden of Chaba House which you can never find anywhere in Chiang Mai.
Lots of love and peace,
Sebla

And: Hello Maria, Miri, Ralph, Keti, Marco, Petra, Martin, Ivan, Bella, Andrea, Christine, Meg:)))

Date of stay: January 2012