“Perfect Getaway”
Review of Chaba House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chiang Mai
Chaba House
Ranked #275 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed in Chaba house in 2003. Cheap accom, nice and clean hotel room... Since I was there for Thai massage course , I stayed there for 35 DAYS..
Not a single hassle.
Beautiful place, beautiful and helpful people.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank GurolEvcil
There are newer reviews for Chaba House

Reviewed November 28, 2011

The location was terrible. If you have a motorbike, good for you, you're going to need it. My room was appalling. It was dirty and hadn't been properly cleaned (last person's dinner leftovers in the room). It felt more like a prison cell. The owner is helpful but I left after a night. No way am I ever going back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank MikkMikk
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Chaba House is a great place to stay. The owner is very friendly and helpful without being pushy. There is a fantastic breakfast included in the price of the room. The rooms are very good value but you get what you pay for as they are a little shabby. Chaba House is very good place to stay if you are there long term as it is away from the busy expensive old town, but the location is not so great if you are there short term like we were as it is a pain to get to the old town and the temples. Over all great experience but a bit too far from everything!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jess S
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I just spent 3 weeks at Chaba House while studying Thai Massage at TMC. I highly recommend this guesthouse for students or trekkers who are looking for great service, a good price and a quiet place to retreat. It is located outside the hub of the "old city" although it is very easy to catch a Songtow (red bus) for 20 - 40 baht if you do wish to venture into the action.

My room was located in the beautiful courtyard and had a private bathroom, fan and AC. The courtyard is perfect for relaxing, reading and drinking coffee or tea. There is also a fridge to keep drinks and snacks in, as well as a small kitchen area for eating and socializing with other guests/students. It was very easy to meet new and wonderful people. Many of them were studying massage or yoga, or travelers enjoying the many adventures the Chiang Mai area has to offer.

A big plus, for me, was the Thai Massage mats available for students to practice new techniques.

The owner, Mr. Phatom, was extremely helpful - often doing small and thoughtful things for his guests. I told him one morning that I had tried Khanom Khrok, a delicious and warm coconut milk treat, and was hooked. We discussed different ingredients to add to this dish and how I would like to make them when I return home to the states. The next morning his wife included Khanom Khrok in my breakfast and Mr. Phatom brought a pan used to prepare them so I would know what to look for at the market.

Once again, I highly recommend Chaba House as a quiet and relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Jade_Kittie
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed at Chaba House for a total of three weeks while I was in Chiang Mai and I can't recommend this place highly enough. Mr Pathom, the owner, is such a friendly man and will do everything he can to help you out and make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Being slightly further out of town means you have to get a taxi into the old city, but the red taxis will take you in for 40 baht (or sometimes 40baht for two people if you insist) but this doesn't take long and it's worth being further out for the peace and quiet.
Chaba House has a quaint little garden around which some of the more expensive rooms are situated. There is also more basic accommodation to the front of the building which is clean and comfortable. I absolutely loved the breakfasts there - homemade bread, fresh seasonal fruit and a thai breakfast dish, plus tea and coffee, all included in the price. What a wonderful place to stay; I will definitely be coming back soon!

Room Tip: If you are staying more than a few nights you can ask for a deal and maybe get the room cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank sambradwell2
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at Chaba House for over 3 weeks while I was doing Thai Massage training in Chiang Mai. This place is wonderful. Mr. Pathom is an excellent host. He really takes care of his guests, and even when he isn't on site, he has staff that are always available. My room was clean and spacious and the courtyard is beautiful. Lots of friendly people here. And it's close enough to walk where I needed to go, but set back away from the maddening crowd so that it seems relaxing and quiet at night. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank rubyg13
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Mr Patoom; the owner of this guest house is always available to help with any questions or problems you may have during your stay. The guest house is near the university and therefore in a quiet part of town but is easy to get into the old city in 10 minutes by shared taxi or tuk tuk. There is a really lovely garden for all guests to use along with a communal kitchen with fridge, microwave and kettle.

The best part of Chaba are the breakfasts - each day you get a huge thai / western style feast!

I stayed at Chaba for just over 4 weeks and really enjoyed my time there!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo