“A hidden gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #250 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
all over the world
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

Fondcome's location is set just outside the city in the countryside, the river which meanders around the 'village' is very relaxing and picturesque.
The natural looking pool and waterfall is very welcoming, especially on a hot day. The rooms were immaculately clean, well maintained and the extensive choice and styles of the rooms makes the experience very unique.

A very enjoyable and relaxing stay, I would defiantly recommend.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
Oceanbunny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

Don't know where to begin...ummm...

Fondcome Village is a perfect get away from the heckticness of the life in the city... The resort is build to what feel like in the middle of nowhere, yet only 30 mins. drive from the center of Chiangmai city. It has the feel of a five star hotel in terms of service that's provided... a perfect blend of everyday comfort and 30 years ago unspoiled Chiangmai.
Being at the resort is also like... ummm... in a fantasy land (big part due to the free running rabbits), there's a beautiful man make waterfall which also double as a swimming pool area... the service is awesome, with everyone smiling all the time (Make you feel like a king/ princess), I love the traditional feel of the place and the people... Love it.

There's so much that I can write, though I'm not that great a writer... but I know do know a gem when I see one... This is one of those places where you feel happy and relax just being there and do nothing else... I hope this make sense :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Chiang Mai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

My wife and I have just spent four wonderfully relaxing 4 days at the Fondcome for our 20th wedding anniversary. It was a totally enjoyable and relaxing time spent in a wonderful location with excellent service by professional, friendly staff.

We live in Thailand and are used to the friendly Thai culture and service. We found that the staff and management at Fondcome have taken their service to another level of excellence. Their attention to us was always courteous and thoughtful and certainly always with warm smiles and politeness.

It was difficult to choose a room as there was such a variety and they were all delightfully decorated, each with it's own unique feel. Our room was clean, comfortable and private. I must admit I did not pay much attention to amenities as I was there just to relax. My wife enjoyed a two hour massage and said it was the best she's ever experienced.

We did not want to leave the Fondcome ... and we will certainly be back there in the future!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

We read the reviews for this hotel on Tripadvisor and decided to book straight away after so many great reviews. I'm glad we did. It totallly lived up to expectations. It was clean, the staff were friendly, food was good and reasonable and our two young daughters loved the place. It was such a unique place with wonderfully and thoughtfully designed rooms. The staff were amazing and so friendly and accomodating. When we left it felt like we were saying goodbye to close family and friends. Our 4 year old daughter was crying and even now, two months later, still asks when she will be able to see her friends from Thailand again! The only thing I would suggest to others who might be staying is to rent a car. It wasn't much of an issue to arrange taxis but we had to be quite organised. The hotel offers free shuttle service to several locations so it's really not a big problem. We were glad to be out of the city and this was the perfect place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Melaka, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

I have done a several survey on the most of the hotel website before i visit Chiang Mai. Finally i choose Fondcome Village due to the moderate price and the good view from their website.
I spend 4 nights there in their Tai Yai room with my family and 3 years old son. That is the first hotel that make me feel so sad on the day we leaving.
The hotel staff is just like our family member. They always show concern and warmest greeting to us. Due to the low season, they have spend some of their time with my son on playing with rabbit and seeing the flower at garden. My son love them very much.
I like their garden, full of colorful flower; the canal, full variety of small tiny fish and their room decoration.
We will be definitely back and stay in Fondcome village in our future trip.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
#142 of 374 in Chiang Mai
Suan Bua Hotel & Resort
Suan Bua Hotel & Resort
#119 of 374 in Chiang Mai

Been to Huarn Jana Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!