“Unbeleivable Rooms and lovely staff”

and 1 more site!
Huarn Jana Boutique Resort
Ranked #257 of 376 Hotels in Chiang Mai
London, United Kingdom
“Unbeleivable Rooms and lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We landed at Chaing Mai Airport on Feb 18th 2013 (First Day of our Honeymoon). We were picked up more or less on time by the Hotel staff and were transferred to the Resort. It is 150 Baht/ Person. My wife had researched and had booked this wonderful Resort which I was sceptical of till the time I actually saw the resort and Room. It is so unique that you have to experience it. Each Room is different from each other and special in its own way. We had booked a Mlabri Wild House with a Glass Roof. It is a thing of beauty. It has enough space inside with a decent Bathroom with a Bathtub. The Bed is amazing. There are Branches and creepers inside the room and the Glass Roof is a unique experience. The Breakfast Buffet is very good and the seating is very nice. It is a picturesque location and is in a very calm n uneventful area. The Price is affordable whether its stay or food. Chiang Mai is a beautiful Place and we managed to go to the Chiang Mai Night Safari, Night Bazaar, Doi Suthep, Doi Inthanon etc in the 3 days. There are lot of one day tours which one can avail through the Hotel. The staff is very helpful and efficient. The Only issue was with the Language, as they aren't great with English. But it is not a very huge factor. Pool is very unique and I haven't seen a pool like this. I didn't get a chance to go in the pool though owing to our site- seeing. They have complimentary transfer at 6 PM from the Resort to Night Safari, Night Bazaar Etc.

It was the best start to our honeymoon in Thailand and special thanks to Yuvi who was the receptionist there and the other staff for making our stay memorable. Will surely come back there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Niranjan0703

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Rooms really are something else, all unique and fantastic attention to detail. The grounds are beautiful but pool does look like a dirty pond so that let's it down. The reception staff were very helpful and very pleasant. The main thing that let our stay down was the location - around 400baht one way into town, and when returning cabs/tuktuks no one knew where it was! The hotel say its only 15 mins from the main centre of Chiang Mai but with the traffic it's at least 30mins. I would only stay here if u have organised trips planned and are prepared with the cab journeys.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank bethylovesluxury
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Before embarking on a bigger tour through the Thai mountains, we stayed here for a few days to get over our jetlag. We both loved the unique and tastefully designed rooms inspired by folks tales. Several of the staff members were refugees from Myanmar who the owner gave a job and and support. Everyone, without exception, was super-nice, warm and helpful. Food was excellent throughout and they would cook for us even (as we found out later) after their official closing hour.

The resort is nested in the mountains outside of Chiang Mai, away from the bustle of the city. If you're looking for a serene place to relax, this is it. They also offer shuttle rides to the night markets and lend out bicycles for free, so you can still get to town easily,

At the end of our stay, the owner gave us a ride to the bust station and we learned he is an architect and built the hotel more as his passion than purely for business. It shows and we would come back any time.

Room Tip: Pick one of the three room types in the "cave" - Chief Room, Hunter Room, Princess Room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Coffs Harbour
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Fondcome Village was to be the final leg of our two week stay in Chiang Mai, having seen its apparent appeal on their website we booked and pre-paid our seven night stay through Wotif and were looking forward to our visit but never ended up staying one night and lost all of our money. First let me say that it is indeed an isolated location and the grounds are rather petite, so as a tourist you are pretty much stranded unless you are prepared to cab it everywhere or be out on a daily basis doing organised tours.
Anyway, on arrival we were greeted by a friendly but very poor English speaking receptionist (even by Thai's hospitality standards) who checked us in to our room. The room itself was indeed something unique but it was also quite dirty particularly the bed linen and the smell was quite unpleasant. Ok, so we figure we will try to air it out a little but the window which you could not see through would not open. Hmm. The mattresses on our twin beds were ridiculously soft (trust me there is such a thing) but we tried to make the most of it by laying down to watch a bit of television before going down to the restaurant for some lunch. Turned the tv on and flicked through all of the channels to discover that not one of them had any english speaking programs. From what we could determine they cater to Thai and Chinese only. They must not anticipate that many of their guests watching tv would speak english even though the reviews on here clearly indicate they do. We try not to let that bother us too much and decide to take a look around the property. We venture outside and observe that the pool infact resembled a dirty pond. Honestly, I dont think it is safe to swim in, so we cross that off our list of things we can do. The place is incredibly quiet like we are possibly the only guests staying there and it makes us feel a little uncomfortable and like intruders as the few staff members watch our every move. We continue to smile and take a look around. We enter the empty restaurant needing something to eat and by this stage we are getting concerned that no-one is there to serve us as it's dead quiet. It's around 1pm by now. I dash back down to reception to ask for help and eventually a staff member emerges from the kitchen area to take our order. Thank goodness we can atleast have a feed and an alcoholic beverage to calm our rising panic of what isolation and boredom lies ahead for the next seven days. Menus are left at our table and we decide our orders. Waiter returns and upon ordering I feel like I've just had a carrot dangled in front of my nose as they take the cocktail menu away from me and tell me that they aren't selling cocktails. What the? But my husband can order a beer. The waiter got my husband his tall bottle of Singha, poured him one and then left his half full bottle sitting two tables away from where we are sitting. After a minute or two we retrieve it. Our orders of fries come out in about twenty minutes and we eat. The meal is neither good or bad. Another half an hour passes and no sign of the waiter. My husband would like another beer and by this stage I am parched too. Just as I make my way back towards the kitchen area the waiter comes out. I politely indicate to him that we need service and after another two minutes he returns to us with our bill. Ok, forget that drink. My husband mistakenly drops two one thousand baht notes on the table to pay, instead of two one hundred baht notes (our bill came under two hundred baht) and the waiter picks up both notes and attempts to walk away with it when I stop him and the correct noteage is then given. He walks in to the kitchen where within seconds a huge eruption of laughter can be heard (wasn't sure till that point if there was more than one person in there) and I will leave that laughter to your own interpretation but from the look on his face when he came back out we figured the joke was on us. We left the restaurant and headed back to our smelly room, annoyed to say the least. Sitting on our balcony which was directly across from a dirty, smelly rabbit pen with atleast ten very unhappy looking rabbits enclosed (I know how they felt) we decided in desperation that this was just not the place for us. We were there for no more than two hours and had to get out quickly as the overall service and conditions were miserable and they could not facilitate the relaxation we hoped for. I approached reception and tried explaining what was wrong and asked for a refund. I was put on the phone to her superior who made the agreement with me (in excellent english) that if we paid one night they would refund the remainder. I was then told to call Wotif to arrange the papers. I called the hotline and was at first told by Wotif that we had to pay for two nights and the remainder would be refunded, but then after putting me on hold they said that the terms of our stay had a no refund policy, so we had to forfeit all our money. (about $300AUD) We had the choice to stay or go and decided to count our losses, book elsewhere, and enjoy the remainder of our stay in Chiang Mai which we tried our best to do.
On a final note, my husband emailed Fondcome Village management on our return to Australia within a few days of getting back, reminding them with kindness and tact of our experience and asked them if they would be prepared to honour the refund they said the'yd give us or atleast a portion of our money considering they still got paid in full by Wotif for a stay that never happened. We take their lack of response as a flat no.

• Stayed November 2012
9 Thank Coshigoggles
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Kaew-Kwan Villa. It is very nice and pleasant.
The restaurant serves very good Tom Yam Goong and fried rice. Just try it.
They also gave us a welcome drink. The staff are very friendly. The resort also have rabbits.
This place is overall good. Just abit far from town.
This place also offers shuttles to the Chiang Mai Night Safari and Ratcahpruek Garden.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelAbiMsia
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Wonderfully Peaceful and quiet resort. Room is very comfortable. Breakfast was great taken beside the small river. Staff are helpful, sending us to and fro night safari and rachapruek garden. We enjoyed our one night stay very much.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank KualaLumpurHappy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Could not recommond this resort more highly! The villas are adorable and the staff are fanatsically helpful. The resort is located in beautiful surroundings not too far from Chiang Mai city, nestled at the foot of magnificent mountain ranges. Attractions are all around with plenty to do nearby and the resort conveniently runs a shuttle to both the Night Safari and markets as well as organising an array of tours at great prices. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: their villas are very comfortable and welcoming.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
#5 of 19 in Mae Rim
DHC Chiang Mai Resort
DHC Chiang Mai Resort
#8 of 19 in Hang Dong

Been to Huarn Jana Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!