Chiang Mai Thai House
  • Restaurant
$558
$252
Agoda.com
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$96
$55
$409
$340
Agoda.com
All reviewsbook toursfree pickold cityfree ridenight bazaarthailandchiang
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Really good value for money, friendly and helpful staff, good and clean rooms! Location is convenient, quick and easy to walk around the city. It also has a nice pool to chill out at. We had breakfast at the restaurant which was fairly good, they do need to work on the coffee thou

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This time we had 2 rooms in this hotel for 6 nights.
This hotel is still very good, and had still the same manager as we meet in 2008 and 2011.
Some of the staff was also the same, and we got a very nice welcome from the manager. We moved from another hotel nearby, and had done the reservation at 18 o’clock the day before and arrived at 9:30 in the morning. The first room was already ready for us, and the next one after 30 minutes waiting, free water / coffee in the waiting time, Good Service.
We were also bought a full day trip to a reasonable price, and the hotel kept what they promised, no time frame and time for everything and a good driver and English speaking guide. I think it’s the first time, we have experienced this.
Still a good and clean swimming pool, and rules were respected.
Overall the hotel has a lot of nice character and is a perfect place to stay while visiting ChangMai.
Just 10 minutes walk from the Night marked and 5 to the Thapae Gate and the Old Town.
If you are in Chiang Mai at a Sunday, do not forget to visit the Sunday Night marked, starting at the Thapae Gate.
We will be back.

Room Tip: take the ground floor and you will have a nice small garden. hotel had 3 floor's without lifts.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Before I begin my comments, I want to remind readers that don't think the service you exchange with the hotel's price is of high value. Any hotels nearby are around this price and they are much nicer, and I believe their service can't be worse than this one. If you really really can't find any other hotels that are brighter and cheaper and friendlier than this one (trust me, it's going to be extraordinarily easy to find a much more decent hotel in the neighborhood), you can book this hotel, but please be aware of the following things:
1. If you don't want to book their tours, please be prepared for the horrible service. I didn't show any interest in their tours and next day they refused to offer me free water.
2. If you don't want to eat in their place but rather want to try something more delicious outside( I highly recommend Ratana's Kitchen across the street. I already addicted to their food after my first meal there) , they might not permit you to sit in the lobby that is connected to the restaurant.
3. Wifi is terribly slow in the rooms at the corner and in some of the rooms, there is no wifi at all.
4. Be prepared to fight with mosquitos.
5. I don't think the towels are clean.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Joannemzqt
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as 2 19yr old female backpackers for 2 nights in April '13. We paid 400B for the room, non AC, Breakfast not included. Free wifi.

Room - 3rd floor. Bright. Immaculately clean. Cleaned daily. Good shower. 2/3 English channels on tv. Fan kept us cool.

Food - We ate here only once and whilst it was good, the portions were very small and not worth the price.

Service - Very very pushy manager. We were pretty much forced to book the overpriced night safari which was nothing as advertised. A total rip off. We were also charged double the going rate on the minibus to Pai - it should only be 150B! The second in command is contemptuous, rude and arrogant. One evening I asked for a drop of milk for something but he refused to give me a glass, saying I could make my own from an empty water bottle in the bin! He also refused to let my friend use house matches to light his cigarette telling him to go buy a lighter from the shop - his foot was in a cast! The 2 ladyboys who worked there were sweet and helpful.

Location - Great location just by the gate. Near to lots of restaurants and a buzzing bar scene but far enough away to be quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank LMG921
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The rooms, the pool, and the building were excellent. The shower area was divided from the toilet area by a curtain, which was excellent. BUT, the manager really wants you to buy his trekking tours, which are overpriced by several hundred baht. We stayed at the hotel for two nights and every time he saw us, he asked whether we wanted to book a tour with him. Other employees of the hotel were also asking us what we were doing during the day and had "better" alternatives. We ended up feeling like we needed to sneak in and out of our room just to have a peaceful time at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple