Chiang Mai Thai House
$59
$57
$51
$37
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$125
$93
Travelocity
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
$28
All reviewsbook toursfree pickold cityfree ridenight bazaarthailandchiang
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed in a ground floor superior room for three nights for 1000 Baht per nite. The room was very large with a queen size bed, large mini fridge, small writing table and plenty of storage space. Bathroom is also large by Asian standards. Location is excellent, down a small street from one of the main streets in Chiangmai and only 3 blocks from the old city. Most guests are European. Pool was ver good, refreshing after a full day in the sun. Only downside is that the beds are rock hard. I guess at some point during our three month trip I will get used to the hard beds. Bottom line I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel room and the restaurant is good. It is clean and it looks cousy. But the hotel has a lot of rules that make you feel like a little kid. And most important, the manager like to controling everything. So for excample, the rule of checking out (10 am) was not a discussion for him and at 9.30 am already he started pushing us to get out. Drinks in the restaurant couldn't be written at the hotelbill, everytime have to pay cash. It is not a hotel to be with children, look at the picture we made at the pool, again too many rules. This was the fourth time i visit this hotel and my last time, if they may change the management. One pluspoint, the nightshift were verry friendly.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank frankthailand
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were ecstatic to get a room here after walking in off the street. It was very reasonably priced, the rooms were very clean, and there was a pool! Unfortunately, all of this came with a price, and that was the terrible front desk man.

We checked in and paid for our first night, showered, gathered our laundry and came down an hour later and told him we would stay two additional nights as well. I made sure it was ok, and that we could stay in the same room. He nodded, but didn't make any notes. The first morning we went out early, and stayed out for the entire day. The second morning, I went down around 8 for coffee, and was immediately accosted by the same front desk man. He reprimanded me for "not checking in" with him about how long we were staying at the hotel. I responded that I had told him our first night. He assured me it wasn't him (when it was) and continued to reprimand me in front of other guests eating breakfast. I was embarrassed and completely caught off guard (let a girl drink her coffee first!) as he grilled me about what time exactly I told him- after I had been traveling for 3 days through Laos to get to Chiang Mai, I didn't know!

After he seemed satisfied embarrassing me in front of other guests, he came back and said we couldn't stay as long as we wanted to unless we moved into an air-con (double the price) room. Later I heard him tell other guests they had non-air-con rooms available.

If it wasn't for him, I would give this hotel all 5 stars. Stay here, only if you stay away from this front desk man! Or get everything in writing if you do have to deal with him! What a nightmare!

Room Tip: Views are better from higher floors. (obviously)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thiskentuckygirl
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Ok, my overall opion of this guesthouse is good, great location, just some steps to the old wall of Chiang Mai and close to the nightbazar. BUT... we spend 2 nights in the guesthouse and we wanted to book a hiking trip. After looking at the prices, we decided to look elsewhere to book the trip. We booked the trip at another agencie and it was HALFPRICE !!! So we asked the morning before hiking to leave our luggage at the guesthouse, but it was not possible for them. The said, there wasn't any room available when we came back. After checking the internet there were plenty of rooms available !!! Luckely the travel agencie could help us with our bags. So the guesthouse is good, but I was very disappointed in their service !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times, mainly in 2009 when I was living in Thailand, and have recommended it to family and friends often. This stay in September though was disappointing. While the rooms are still of a very high standard, clean, spacious and comfortable, and the pool is fantastic, I found all of the staff, as well as a man I presume to be the owner, to be incredibly unfriendly. Every time I had any interaction with anyone, I was left wondering if I had said or done something to offend them. While the standard of the facilities of a hotel are important, to me the service is equally important, if not more so. Land of smiles? Not here this time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo