“Good place, good staff, good price”

RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort
Ranked #29 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed February 2, 2014

It's located at ping river area, really good for dining. The service is really really good and the room is clean and beautiful. No chance to try the pool since the weather is cool. Worth to stay when you visit Chiang Mai

There are newer reviews for RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort

Reviewed February 2, 2014

After the hustle and cramped life of Hong Kong, this was a beautiful breath of fresh air. A fabulous large room with luxurious bathroom that opened straight onto the pool, yet somehow held the feeling of privacy. The pool was however insanely cold, despite the heat outside. Staff were extremely helpful and welcoming at all times. The spa looked lovely however was heavily over priced, and unfortunately booked out. A short walk down the road will find you a street massage at 1/10th of the price.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed there with my wife for our honeymoon and we just booked onsite as we had to change hotel. I can recommend this hotel. Really good hotel, nice and helpful staff, very good restaurant and nicely located in Chiang mai. Even the SPA is a good reason to come here (I had two massages of very high quality with the same therapeutist). Above all the restaurant is a nice place for romantic dinners along the river. Very nicely decorated and the staff is so nice and a real team work they go well togheter.

Then the only inconvenient is air quality in Chiang Mai this is of course not related to this hotel but the city in the whole and the management. Traffic generates a lot of pollution and this affected our health. My wife had a sore throat and I suffered from cough and sort of asthm because of the irritation. Besides for my wife I called the reception desk for a a tea with honey and they quickly bring it in our room, they lady did in a so nice way! Well do not forget to purchase a N95 mask before visiting Chiang Mai, we should have worne it...Of course this is not the only city in Asia with air quality problems, but I had to mention it.

I wish everyone of the staff a happy chinese new year (today!)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at a room with direct access into the pool for 3 nights. I would definitely recommend this type of room. The hotel is a serene oasis of calm and relaxation. At breakfast across the road in the morning, it was such a lovely experience to sit on the comfy sofa beds and watch the river and people on the other side of the banks going about their business.

Location is great, a very short tuk-tuk ride from the main strip in the centre and the night market. It is also across the road from a fabulous restaurant and next door to a 7/11 store.

There were a few issues while we stayed, on our first night, water started to pour through the ceiling of our hallway, they fixed this all pretty quickly but there was no apology given or no acknowledgement that this had happened and inconvenienced us. I tried to explain this at check-out but the language barrier was an issue. Also, some of breakfast items should have been covered as there were flies on a lot of items and other items should have been refrigerated also. I just avoided what had not been covered.

That aside, I would not stay anywhere else on my next visit to Chiang Mai. If you do go, be sure to book a day being a caretaker at Patara Elephant Sanctuary (it will be one of the best experiences of your life!).

Room Tip: Choose one of the 6 rooms with direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had a very enjoyable 4 night stay in this well-appointed hotel. I stayed in a room opening out to the pool. The bed was great and the room quiet and peaceful. This was a great location to unwind and just a stroll into the city or the night markets. The breakfast buffet was excellent with every taste catered for. I had 3 amazing massages in the Spa and highly recommend Tong (awesome therapist). I also appreciated the free yoga classes each day. My only criticism is that everything about the hotel and spa is over-priced compared to other reputable services available throughout the city.

1  Thank Darren W
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Overall I liked staying here and would go back. Next time I will buy a bed pad the first day I was there as the two comforters they added were not enough. I keep debating on buying one but waited to long, now I know better. Hard beds are a common problem in asia, but you expect less than a rock at the better hotels where you pay more.

PROS:
Location is pretty good, a little off the busy area but close enough to walk to night market and most other shopping areas.
Free yoga was excellent and a nice addition, helped cure my back every morning
Spa was very professional and tranquil, one of the nicest I have been to.
Breakfast was quite good
Staff was exceptionally well trained in most areas except breakfast area where service can be slow and mistakes are often made. Seemed like they must have a lot of new staff in there or poor training. Not up to the standard in the front desk area.
Staff was courteous and helpful without over doing it

CONS:
Beds are 2 star - like bricks it hurt my back and not what you want when traveling
The sewer lines in the street behind the hotel stick. Hotel should ask the city to put solid lids on sewer it really smells the closer our room is to the back. I was on second floor and that may get a lot of sewer gas.
Spa massage was very corporate and lacked good pressure and ability to spend more time on what was sore - they had to follow the routine at too light a pressure, even though I asked for hard pressure. I stopped going there after two poor massages. I did love the experience but I needed a good massage after sleeping on their brick hard beds.

HELPFUL HINTS:
Walking on street where the hotel is located is a little challenging and risky as there is not always a sidewalk. Walk against the traffic, go slow check carefully before crossing streets. Turn left after leaving hotel to cross river, this way sidewalks are good. To right are good eateries on this street to the right as you leave hotel.
Directly across the river is marketplace to explore.
Tell tok-tok drivers the name of a bar near your location or major hotel, many do not know RarinJinda hotel so I tell them Riverside Bar and they all know that location (across the street). Bar life is big in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: Avoid back of hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
narun, Owner at RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear DonChambers,

Thank you for your comments. In regard to the bed, now the hotel has 2 types of beds - hard and soft ones. Customer can request upon check-in. However if all soft ones are being occupied, then we will add comforters to soften the bed. As for the spa, there perhaps some miscommunications with the therapists. We do apologize for this inconveniences.

Looking forward to welcome you again
Narun

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We lost our flight and the concierge was kind enough to come back to the airport for a second time later that night. The service at the spa was very good and the spa was extremely clean. My wife and son had several Thai massages and they said that they were very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family