“Good value, perfectly acceptable room with good shower and helpful staff”
Review of Anodard Hotel

Anodard Hotel
Ranked #291 of 394 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel is good value (I paid 600 baht for one night). The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The shower was good and the bathroom clean. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The location is good. Infact you can do a lot worse. I would definitely stay again. There is also a swimming pool, though not very shaded

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed January 10, 2012

The hotel is in a nice location, the rooms are quiet and comfortable and there is a pool. If you stay for more than one night you should be able to negotiate the price down a little.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Spent 5 days here and I thought it was reasonable for the price. Yes the room and fittings are old and there was some odour from the shower but it wasn't a problem if the door was kept shut. The bedding was clean but the sheets were grey instead of white due to I suspect the amount of times they had been laundered. The aircon was just about adequate when I stayed in November but I suspect it may struggle during April to September.
Unfortunatly during my stay I caught a heavy cold which meant I didn't leave my room much for a couple of days but thankfully there were several english channels available on the (rather old) TV to pass the time away.
Beware if you on the north facing side as I was, there is a school oposite and the children will wake you early.

Room Tip: Avoid the north facing rooms due to the school oposite if you are not an early riser
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My fiance and I rented a room at Hotel Anadard in Chiang Mai, Thailand for ten days. We absolutely loved this hotel. The room was spacious with large bay windows, a large bathroom, large comfortable bed, excellent cable television, full sized dresser with mirror, refrigerator, closet, air conditioner. The hotel has a large swimming pool in an enclosed courtyard with garden.

Every day, maids changed the sheets in our our room and left soap, shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, and two bottles of drinking water. The staff at Hotel Anadard were very friendly and professional. The room we rented was among the best of the hotel. Rooms at this hotel rent for between 9000 and 12,000 Bhat per month. It is well worth the cost.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Booked 3 rooms for 3 nights for my family, 2 adults and 4 young girls under the age of 14.

Old out dated smelly poorly maintained rooms, rude reception staff, I can live with this.

We chose this hotel because it had a swimming pool, for the three days of our stay it was cold and rainy so using the pool not an option, on the day we were due to leave the weather brightend up so the kids were able to take advantage of the pool, we had vacated the room, to the second of check out the receptionist demanded that we go to check in desk to pay for the use of the swimming pool, whilst arguinging the pros and cons of wether we should have to pay extra our youngest slipped on the wall tiles around the pool that should be non slip floof tiles, and gashed her chin, amazingly for Thai people no sympathy for our child, just get out of the hotel if you are not going to pay for swimming.

Off to hospital, 4 stitches and a 750 baht bill for treatment, I approached the hotel for payment of this, and even spoke to the owner on the phone, their attitude towards myself and my family was you are rich westerners you pay, yes this small amount of money means nothing to me but my daughters safety and well being is paramount.

Had we not had to catch a flight home we would have taken this further.

Don't stay here with heartless staff, smelly rooms, and dangerously slippery tiles around the swimming pool.

Chiang Mai is a wonderful city, with many great hotels, book somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank johnsblogs
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I decided to book 1 double and 1 twin room for our last night (the next day) in Chiang Mai after walking past it and thinking it looked ok. I spoke to an English couple outside who raved about the place and stay there every year, so I thought it should be good. When I asked at reception to see a room first, they said no just come back tomorrow? I thought they must have been full that day. Now I believe it's because if we saw the rooms we wouldn't have stayed. I'm sure there are better rooms there than ours, we probably got the crappy ones because we were only there for 1 night. We didn't ask to change rooms but would have if we were staying longer.

Pros:
The pool looked nice and clean but we didn't use it.
Sheets were clean.
Bathroom was spacious and everything worked.
Lift.

Cons:
The rooms both smelt like a sewer. Mine eased with the window wide open but the double was unbearable! It was coming from the drains and never improved.
My room was missing it's fridge!
The rooms were dark and shabby.
Very low railing on outside stairs/terrace overlooking the pool. Anyone could easily trip and fall over the edge and die! 5 floors up and the barrier was not much higher than knee height.
No free wifi.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Skye015
Reviewed February 15, 2011

First check how much dust is under your bed... I never found such a dirty hotel in all Thailand... and if You're crazy enough to stay you will regrett it right away. Receptionist are laghing at your face when you complain about it. Not professionnal at all. I had a Electric shock during shower and smell burn after it. So dangerous... but nobody cares... Just Dont go there

• Stayed: February 2011