All reviewshot showerrooms are cleanpad locka private double roomwelcome homerooftop areaceiling fanold cityperfect locationother guestsown bathroomfantastic staylaundry serviceper nightguest housetourswifi
Reviewed May 9, 2015

I have stayed at many guesthouses in Chiang Mai, and Diva 2 is my favorite! It is my home away from home after months of coming and going in and out of Chiang Mai's old city.

Private rooms with an en suite bathroom start at 200THB, which is not much more expensive than nearby dorm beds, and totally worth it! Rooms are clean, colorful, and comfortable. Big ceiling fans and windows keep the rooms cool during the day and night, which makes a big difference when it's hot in the city.

The location is great! Near Sompet Market in the NE corner of the old city but tucked away in a quiet side street, and there are many good places to eat on Moon Muang Rd, Soi 6. There is also a fresh juice bar on the corner just down from Diva 2 (40B juices without added sugar or water) and plenty of superfood supplements you can add.

The owners and staff are so helpful and friendly that I left feeling that they are close friends or family! The rooftop chillout area is my favorite place to read, watch the sunset, and meet other backpackers, and the biggest reason I continue to return to Diva 2.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here twice either side of a visit to Pai. Nice and cheap for a double room, just 300 baht (£6). The room is basic as a result but serves the purpose. No ceiling fan, you get a fan on a stand instead. No air con for that price. Bed is comfy enough, bathroom is ok but it's not really a separate room, more a couple of stud walls with no ceiling so it's open at the top. Ok so long as you're a couple. Shower was fine.

Biggest complaint was that the wifi seemed to be bad everywhere but reception (we had 2 rooms, one top and back, one bottom and near reception, both had bad wifi).

They don't clean your room unless you ask them, so bear that in mind. The staff are v friendly, particularly one of the guys (can't remember his name) - the other one is ok, not rude but not super friendly to us either.

Good location too, plenty of places to eat during the day and at night, and bars are close too. Blue Diamond was a fav of ours. It's down a side street so nice and quiet, and the rooms are at the back anyway.

For the price it's good. Much more expensive then it might not be worth it.

Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2015 via mobile

The staff is super friendly. The Thai women working here told me a lot about sight seeing tours and didn't ask for money. However there should be only one star. Cause its worth one star. I suggest spending 10 or 13 USD per night for a room with airco elsewhere. A room with a electronic fan isn't enough. The heat is unbearable. Most important: I was here cause people said its a great place for meeting people. But the lobby closes at 7 pm and nobody is there to talk to. Bit boring.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2015

We stayed for two nights and had a good time. It cost us 30 Baht/person to get to the guest houe area, we straight away got our room and were located directly in the backpacker area of the town which is pretty chill and quite but has many restaurants and bars to offer. The room is nothing special but really good for the price we paid. The owners were very helpful and provided us with all the information we needed and even our turbulent checkout (had to leave early but did not paid at this point in time and the reception was closed - so we put the money into a brochure and slipped it through the door crack) went pretty well.

The only thing to complain about is the laundry service which at least in our case was not that good. Some of our clothes shrinked and a lot of our stuff did not get clean at all. We expected something better for the price we paid but ecept from that everything was fine.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2015

The Diva 2 guesthouse is super cheap and so can only be judged with that in mind.

I feel bad only rating the stay as average because everything there was better than that with the exception of a terrible smell. The location is good, price was cheaper than anywhere else I know of in Chiang Mai, owners and staff were super friendly and our stay on the whole was very relaxed. Unfortunately though our room stank of human sewage. I informed the owner who was apologetic and came to pour some cleaning products down the drains- he informed me that next door had just had their drains emptied and that's why it smelt. I bought some air fresheners to mask the smell but it still was pretty horrific, especially in the mornings when I assume toilets/showers/drains are more active. The smell did ease after a couple of days which made our room more bearable.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple