B2 Ayatana Premier Hotel & Resort
  • Restaurant
$558
$252
Agoda.com
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$96
$55
$375
$340
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe entire resortlanna styledoi suthepthe hotel offersdvd playerthe wi fienjoyed my stayold citykantoketoiletrieschiangtours
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Ayatana is a welcome sanctuary after the hectic Thai market and street scene. The room was beautiful and very relaxing. The body wash smelt delicious (apparently - I'm a guy so it's all the same to me! ;)), and we had no dramas with bugs or anything. The pool was great and nice to hear nature noises in the trees while swimming. The wifi was intermittent, but always worked in the reception area where they also have two computers available for use 24/7. Staff were always polite and helpful. Although Ayatana is a little out of town, it's only 150 baht tuk tuk ride (100 if you get local prices!) and there's a stack of street stalls at night about 5 min walk away which serve delicious (although sometimes unidentifiable) food. A great getaway!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. Lovely hotel, very helpful staff (always smiling ) and good food. Nice size room and bathroom.They even packed us our breakfast since we had an early morning flight. I would definitely stay here if I went back to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I had a great time at Ayatana, in June 2012 for 4 nights.
The kitchen is wonderful, better than other hotels we visited and the service was very nice!
Thanks a lot to the staff working there we enjoyed our stay very much.
The room was worth the price we paid for and was very clean and the space was wonderful.
Location was fine.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silvy1506
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The rooms are undoubtedly beautiful at Ayatana. Toiletries were complimentary and replenished every day. Water, tea and coffee were available and also free. The room had modern comforts - air con, cable TV, refrigerator, landline telephone, security deposit box. Wifi was available during my first day and then went down for the remaining 4 nights I was there - bit of a bummer, but just meant going down to reception whenever I needed it. A free shuttle bus service is operated twice a day - morning service takes you to the city (very handy) and evening service heads to the Night Bazaar. Nice decent sized pool, I saw it being cleaned a few times while I was there and seemed clean when I used it.

On the not-so-good side of things, they do have a mosquito problem at the resort which they are upfront about when you get there. You are provided with a mosquito racket, mosquito repellant, mosquito net (around the bed) and a oil burner containing more repellant. However, I still gained around 50 bites during my stay there despite all these precautions and doubling up on my own deet spray. They do inform you not to keep windows and doors open (to prevent mosquitoes flying in), so it was disappointing to see one of the cleaning staff keeping rooms wide open while taking her break in the guest rooms (on more than two occasions). It's a small gripe, but still counter-productive. Another issue, if you have an aversion to/are squeamish at the sight of bugs, then this may not be a comfortable stay for you. There was a roach in my room on arrival and a few other bugs that had found their way in during my stay. Apparently, the problem with bugs/flies/mozzies is down to the water-orientated garden landscape The rainforest shower feature would have been a nice touch, if the one in my room worked properly. Even though Ayatana advertise themselves as a 'Spa Resort', the spa is still in the process of being built so was out of service during my time there.

Overall, the staff were polite and helpful - in particular Dao who was fantastic and even taught me some Thai AND Pinny, who was always helpful. If you don't mind a few bugs and don't have a huge allergic reaction to mosquito bites, then this is a nice, peaceful place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed five nights here while exploring Chiang Mai. The hotel is about 10 min west of the 'Old City' and near the Chiang Mai university. This is a bonus at night when food vendors set up on the main Suthep Road and have fantastic local and cheap eats. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was a good spread served on the tables at the front of the hotel. We had one dinner at the restaurant which was good without being spectacular. There is a shuttle that runs into the city twice a day (mid morning and evening) and will drop you at the main tourist areas. You can negotiate with the driver if you want to be dropped elsewhere. Alternatively you can walk the 300m to Suthep and jump into a songtaw for 20-30b into the city. Tuk Tuks cost us 100-200b for three people to return to the hotel depending on the driver and time of the day. There are convenience stores (with ATM) and local laundries in the small streets surrounding the hotel. A pool bar operates in the afternoon at the swimming pool which was refreshing after a day of shopping and exploring.
We stayed in a second-floor room which was spacious with a huge bathroom and shower. At the back of the shower was an alcove which was great for drying clothes.
The hotel is set in a 'water' setting so make sure you have mozzie repellant and use the nets over the beds.
Great hotel and would certainly stay there again

Room Tip: Second floor is certainly quieter than being adjacent to the activity around the grounds each morning.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family