“Fantastic, delicious, friendly - Great day!”

A lot of Thai : Home cooking class
Ranked #10 of 70 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: A family run cooking class established in 2001. We began with a small class size. Even though our business has seen tremendous growth, we have decided that this size maintains the personalization and individual attention that each student deserves. Yui (Siripen Sriyabhaya), Thailand's international TV chef still teaches every dish in every class to guarantee the highest quality of instruction. Her expertise attracts a variety of students such as, TV chefs, executive chefs, culinary school teachers, international Thai cooking instructors, food columnists, cookbook authors, tourists, and food lovers.Yui's unique blend of art and science truly make cooking exciting, fun, and easy to follow. When students cook these delicious dishes in class, they are equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to recreate these dishes at home.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I love cooking and have done several courses across the globe, we found this course one of the best! Yui is a fantastic teacher, very funny and an excellent chef. The food was delicious and Yui makes thai cooking become so easy. Fantastic day out, would definately recommend to anyone that wants to learn how to cook authentic thai food!

1  Thank Abby J
There are newer reviews for A lot of Thai : Home cooking class

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed very much our cooking experience with Yui. She is an excellent chef and above all teacher, given I was able to follow her cooking instructions and make very tasty Thai dishes for the first time! Highly recommend this course with Yui...she is a great chef!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my favorite experience during my Thailand trip! Yui is incredibly nice, funny, smart, and above-all-else, an amazing chef. She not only taught us about Thai cooking, but taught us how to think about cooking in general, regardless of the cuisine. She uses the freshest ingredients and the food was absolutely incredible (I can't believe I even made those dishes!!). I loved the intimate feeling of the class as Yui and her husband picked us up from our hotel in the morning, and taught the class in her home. There was only 8 people in the class (I believe that is the max allowed), allowing her time to provide individual instruction. I also loved that she allowed people to customize what they cooked based on their dietary restrictions. Fantastic!!!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Yui is a multi-talented, highly competent woman. She grew up in a family that was producing food and above all she loves to eat. Not only is she capable of gourmet cooking, but she loves to share her passion for Thai food. and it's ingredients. This is not one of the 'factory' cooking schools that are so popular in Chiang Mai. She teaches both the science and the art of cooking, and can explain not only the tastes and balances one is looking for, but the techniques on how to achieve them.

Over time I have studied in other schools, but once you have studied here, you will have studied with the best.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a really perfect way to learn cooking Thai food. Yui picked us up in the morning at our hotel and drive directly to her school / home. Three dishes in the morning and then a lesson on the market. In the afternoon another two meals. Yuis English is really good, so there are not any problems to understand and follow her detailed instructions. The meals all were really tasty and it would be possible to cook them at home. The standard at the school is really high - as in hygienic and ingredient aspects.
If I would do another course again - Yui would be my first pick.