“Awesome oasis in the middle of the city!!”
Review of Parami Guesthouse

Parami Guesthouse
Ranked #170 of 863 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
“Awesome oasis in the middle of the city!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Parami guest house after our original hostel was full! We were extremely lucky to find this gem in the midst of all the guesthouses in Chaing Mai! The room was extremely clean and the shower always had hot water! the bathroom was located outside our room but each room had their designated bathroom so it was not an issue! (They were also cleaned daily which was a mega bonus!!) the location was perfect walking distance to the night bazaar which is highly recommended and plenty of good restaurants and bars that offers variety of food! the front desk staff was extremely helpful with planning all of our excursions and gave great recommendations as to what companies to go with! We stayed here for 4 nights and never had to cab/tuk tuk anywhere which was even better!!! Wifi worked fine for us and we enjoyed the luxury of having it in our room! We loved our time here! If you are looking for some peace and quiet in a friendly clean guesthouse parami is for you!!! And you just can't beat the price!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Birkirkara, Malta
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We spent 5 nights at Parami guesthouse and we were very happy with our choice of accommodation. We found it very homely to return in the evening and relax a bit in the sitting area by the pond.

Parami is about a 15 min walk to the city centre and most of it is along the river. You also go past some restaurants and coffee shops which are on the same street of Parami. There is also a laundry a few doors away in case you need it.

The owner and receptionist both speak good English and they'll be there to help you if you have any questions.

I have to say they also have 2 lovely cats. In case you don't like cats they won't bother you and you might not see them, but we kept a look out for them because they were sweet.

My husband lost his wedding ring during our stay in Thailand. Roger, the owner, found it after we had left and was honest enough to let us know & send it to us. We are very grateful for this :-)

Considering the price we paid, I'd have to say that Parami is a great guesthouse which exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Parami Guesthouse is just wonderful - I spent 6 nights there and have never felt more at home. For me the location was just perfect - away from the overcrowded and touristic walled centre of Chiang Mai and close to some delightful and charismatic places to eat by the river, including an amazing vegetarian teahouse. The local market is also nearby, great for just taking a wander and getting lost amongst the locals - for me what travel is about. The staff and owners are always there to welcome you with a smile and help you with arranging your travel plans and things to do in and around the city.

If you do want to walk to the centre of the town - it is a 20 minute walk - but I really didn't see much reason to walk to the centre - everything I needed and wanted from my stay in Chiang Mai was near to the Guesthouse.

My room was very comfortable and the gardens at the guesthouse are just lovely - lots of places to relax and unwind.

I could not recommend this guesthouse highly enough. Thanks guys for a great stay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice little hotel in the up and coming riverside area. There are a lot of restaurants nearby and it takes around 15 minutes to walk to the walled city or the markets.
The building has a lot of character with a wooden structure. Staff were very helpful.
Check in/out is only open during the day; at night you let yourself in or out with key.
Breakfast was good (but you pay extra for this).
Maybe some coffee making facilities would be nice.
Very good value for money though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sarahinguangzhou
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked two nights here but I enjoyed my stay here so I booked another night at short notice, which was absolutely no hassle for the staff, they looked after me very well. Both Roger and Amy who were at the front desk were lovely people and sorted my train to Bangkok perfectly.
Room was basic but clean, exactly what I needed on a budget, location is nice and quiet just a ten minute walk from the city walls, and even closer to the famed night market.
If I return to Chiang Mai, which I most likely will, I'll stay here again for sure.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dublin
Reviewed December 13, 2013

One thing I noticed is that every tuk tuk I got home knew exactly where parami was which was a great plus.

Room was clean, bed comfy and shower excellent. WiFi wrecked my head, it stopped working in our room after day 2 and we had to go to reception for signal, even then it randomly cuts out.

Staff were lovely and very helpful regarding bookings. Location was a bit out of the way. I prefered to be in the heart of the old quarter surrounded by bars and markets but if you prefer the riverside chilled side of Chiang mai then cone here.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Podgemonster
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in October and had such a good time. Roger, the owner, is so helpful, as well as his wife who runs the massage/pedicure/manicure saloon next door as the receptionist. You can book a lot of tours as well. The rooms were clean and had enough space. If we ever go back to Chiang mai, we will definitively go to the Parami guesthouse !

• Stayed October 2013