“Delightful find”

Tiddin 2013
Ranked #48 of 227 Coffee & Tea in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Tiddin cafe Restaurant&Bar ( A Little Cafe In Chiangmai) River View and Nice place for Relax. We have service for Food Beverage And Coffee Free Wifi. We have Thaifood, Cocktail, Beer, Whisky and fruite shake. We have a service for every people come at Tiddin2013. Recommed Low Price.!! We Open at 10.30am - Midnight
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I visited last night on the strength of the reviews we read. Not many of them(reviews that is) but all very positive. We sure are glad we did. Just a short walk along the river from our hotel away from the tourist traps and beer barns. Extremely good fried rice and pad thai and cheap beer. We had the place to ourselves which w as good for us but I hope they do good business as the family are lovely. The owners kids were running around having fun with their dad and it was very cute, we usually hate that kinda thing at a restaurant.Weird location for tourists as it as quite off the beaten track in a location frequented by locals and the restaurant is geared mainly towards tourists. One word of advice however, don't have the fried squid with garlic and pepper... It was horrible. We put it down to an aberration as as else was damn good.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

A lovely family run restaurant with great food and lovely charm. We thoroughly enjoyed dining here and went back for a second time. Have recommended it to a golf group that are there now!

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Good food. Very cheap, four of us ate dinner and our total was under 400 Baht. And it was really good!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We quite simply loved Tiddin. We stumbled across it after a suggestion from our guesthouse owner on our 2nd night in Chiang Mai...we came back here multiple times to chill, eat good (cheap!) food and drink decent drinks (coffees and beers etc....beer only 55 baht for a large Chiang!) the family that run Tiddin are so lovely and they deserve for people to spread the word about this little gem of a place. It's a really simple sit on the floor kind of place, there's a real cosy feel to it and we easily spent a couple of hours there each visit...the owners asked us to sign their wall on our last visit and gave us some Tiddin key rings as keepsakes which I now have my house key on :) I wish this was my little local back home-great place!

1  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I ate here about 5 times and had mixed experiences. Overall we enjoyed it a lot.

It's just the type of place you hope to find in thailand. A small, cheap setup, with great prices serving up great thai food.

The people who run it are super nice, it's in a relaxing spot. It a nice setup.

I was dying to give this place 5 stars. But I just can't because if I am honest the food is good, but not great.

Despite this I recommend. Everything else is perfect.