“Exceeded expectations ”
Review of The 3 Sis

The 3 Sis
Ranked #15 of 825 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

First off, this place is located perfectly in the old city. It's across from two of the loveliest wat in the city and if you're there on a Sunday evening the awesome walking market is at your doorstep. Also it's only a 15 min taxi from the airport.

Breakfast was great. One of my fave parts of the day was enjoying breakfast on the beautiful patio. There are 7 options to choose from, all the ones I had were great. There's also unlimited orange and pineapple juice, water, milk, coffee, tea. Service prompt and friendly every time.

Room was on 2nd floor facing the back as I read reviews of the street side being loud. Unfortunately it was also loud on our room not bc of street noise but bc sound carries very far (and loud) from the lobby. Especially when there are obnoxiously loud toddlers screaming and parents that don't muzzle them up. Not a fault of the hotel, mind you, but still sound carries and it just so happened that there were loud kids there during our stay. My only other complaint about the room that the hotel can do something about is the window frames as they allow for mosquitos to easily get in. I was killing mozzies for 4 nights straight and didn't open a window once. One night one must have stayed alive and I got devoured and woke up with half dozen bites on my head and neck and shoulders. Upon inspection I think they get in from the window frames as there is a netting on the bathroom window. Otherwise the room was great: large, decent bed, hot shower, everything I wanted.

Service at the hotel was great from the front desk to cleaning staff to restaurant.

I'd definitely stay there again but I'd wear bug spray at night and bring earplugs in the event of screaming children in the lobby.

The lobby is peaceful, pretty and wifi works brilliantly there. In the room it worked 80% of the time, albeit slower. I spent a few afternoons in the lobby reading up on CM and taking a break from the sun.

1  Thank Mike D

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed one night here in a double room. It was fine but I found places that were just as nice for a lot cheaper and only a little further away but still within the old city.

Staff was very nice and the breakfast was good.

Rooms are arranged around a central courtyard area and this can be loud the way the sound echoes. There were some loud guests hanging out in the lobby and I was surprised staff didn't address it.

For the price I would stay some place else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the main hotel on the second floor in September 2012 for a few nights. The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful, and the location was great. There is an open market on Sundays that runs down the street in front of the hotel, but we missed it. Breakfast was also very good. There are beautify Wat's (temples) all over Chiang Mai, but it was nice to see one practically right across the street from this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We chose this hotel based on reviews and location and were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived to the minute we left, we were treated so warmly. The staff went above and beyond to help us plan our stay in Chiang Mai. From reserving us a cooking class, to recommending bars, restaurants or anything else we wanted, even little things like remembering our faces and saying hello really made us feel at home.
The location is excellent, right in the middle of the old city, across from Wat Chedi Luang and right in the heart of the Sunday night market.
Breakfast is free and a la carte, and although nothing spectacular, you have your choice and it is a great way to start your day. I rotated between the Thai Omelette and fruit and yogurt.
The only negatives I would give (and they are small) would be 1) the hot water was a bit erratic in the mornings (fine in the evenings though) and 2) The walls are a bit thin, so noise from monks at the temple across the street, people in the hallway or even geckos on the roof can be heard. Other than those minor inconveniences, everything was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geoff P
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I visited here twice during my visit for a drink in the early evening. A very calm and relaxing place to relax on the large front porch.
Very clean, very good service, and an amazing location just across from the main temples in the heart of the city.
I had the strawberry shake and warm cashew nuts which were both great.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The lobby was so well put together, wide and airy with lots of seating options, koi pool, made it hard to pry yourself up and out. The breakfasts were more than ample with a good selection of choices. The rooms were very clean, quiet, comfortable and roomy. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel perfectly located in the old city centre and right opposite the entrance to the Wat Chedi Luang. It is very well run by an efficient and happy staff.

The good -
The staff are delightful and helpful. The beds are very good and are clean and the sheets fit. The shower room is excellent. There is a good breakfast choice with good coffee and the restaurant meals are reasonable. The path side bar area is a great place for meeting and people watching. Kettle in the room. Very good free wifi.

The bad -
There is nothing really bad, but we were troubled by a lot of mosquitos in our room. The walls between the ground floor room we were in did not offer good sound resistance. This is a big nuisance, particularly if you are a light sleeper and there are a lot of Chinese staying around you.

We loved this place and would definitely return on a future trip.

1  Thank Laid-Back-Paul