“Beautiful boutique”

Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel
Ranked #11 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This really is a beautiful boutique hotel. Small pool, but perfect for a few days. We had a family room - which consisted of 2 rooms - loads of space. Really classical - Raffles style. Service is great - breakfast is really good - good quality and cooked in front of you. We'd recommend this to anyone going to Chiang Mai - the location is in a quiet back street near the river and there's a free tuk tuk service to the old town.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Damian B
There are newer reviews for Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Chiang Mai and absolutely loved it. Everything from breakfast to the staff were all incredible.

Location:

On the way to the hotel from the airport I was a little concerned on the location of the hotel (down a few small and narrow alleys from the main street) but when we pulled up I was sold. The grounds are impeccable! Upon check in we were made aware of the free tuk tuk service to the city center and other areas of Chiang Mai! This is an extremely convenient service, and we used it everyday! It's about a 5 minuted ride to old city walls and Sunday market. From there you can walk a 10 mins and get to the night market which is quite fun.

Rooms:

Rooms are fantastic! It was definitely the best sleep I had on our 3 week travels through Thailand. The bathroom is beautiful and just about as big as the main sleeping room, so there is lots of space to move around. The bathtub is huge and was definitely used multiple times.

Food:

We had breakfast every morning at the hotel which was awesome. Fll menu of Thai and Western cuisine along with an assortment of fruit, cereal, and bread brought to the table. The package we booked also included a dinner one night which we took advantage of. The dinner highlighted some of Nothern Thailands dishes as well as some typical Thai cuisine. DELICIOUS! I'm so happy we ended up eating there that night!

Staff:

The staff was extremely helpful our entire stay. We booked a few tours from the front desk and everything was handled quickly and professionally. The food service staff was incredible as well. Super nice and always had a smile on their face to greet us.

All in all we would definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a nice break and luxury accommodations. We stayed during slow season, so the price fit our budget. I'm not sure it would if we had stayed in high season. It was definitely worth what we paid!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jasondlr
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Puripunn about two weeks ago. This was our first trip into Chiang Mai and we chose Puripunn based on the many positive feedback we found on tripadvisor. Our plan was to spend 6 days in Chiang Mai but being the cautious traveller, I only booked for two nights at PuriPunn just in case I found the place wanting.

I must say I felt my doubts were not misplaced when the taxi was navigating the narrow road/alley leading to the hotel - it looked rather shabby to me! But the moment we stepped into the hotel yard and then to the lobby, I immediately felt that there was indeed something special about the place......it's was so charming, with lovely landscaped gardens and the sight of an inviting pool around the corner. Everything, all 30 rooms over three stories seem to occupy a much bigger compound than there really was; the design was such that you feel very much at home with the rooms affording you the feeling of privacy in a well kept garden environment.

The staff, what can I say! - I have travelled widely and I have rarely come across such a wonderful warm and sincere group of people. Puripunn's greatest charm and asset is their staff; from the owner to the staff at the reception, security, tuk-tuk drivers, restaurant crew, housekeeping...they were all wonderful, helpful and caring.

The food at their restaurant was so good that we did not hesitate to come back often from our jaunts around town to have lunch and dinner at the hotel (breakfast was complimentary and there was a fairly good spread of western and local items on the menu). I especially loved their Tilapia cooked in Thai Herbs from the lunch/dinner menu - the chef and staff wrote the recipe down upon our request and we successfully recreated it at home!!

The rooms are well appointed - we stayed on the upper floors the first two nights - nice, clean and comfortable rooms. No complains at all. When we decided to extend our stay (yes, we extended and ended up staying for 7 nights!) the owner very graciously upgraded us to their deluxe rooms downstairs. I must say that whilst I enjoyed spending private time at the balcony (and the view) from the upper floor, the very spacious bathroom in the deluxe room was an even give and take for the lack of a private balcony on the ground floor (though if you are one to spend most of your time swimming or lounging by the pool, stay downstairs - the pool is almost at your doorstep!

Travel to the old city was easy with the in-house complimentary tuk-tuk service. The staff at the front-desk were very helpful and you can get them to make all the necessary bookings for the various sights. All in all our stay in Chiang Mai was memorable for many reasons but Puripunn was certainly a lovely base from which we did our exploration. The staff at the front-desk were very helpful and you can get them to make all the necessary bookings for the various sights.

I will recommend this place to anyone(solo, couple, family) wanting a home away from home. My family and I will certainly check-in to Puripunn again for our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank mnair89
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My partner and I stayed at three different places whilst in Chiang Mai; all three of them amazing and this was our second place where we stayed for 3 nights. The grounds are absolutely stunning and the rooms are beautiful - we had a room on the top floor and found the balcony area brilliant to just sit there and chill. Was very peaceful as it overlooks the stunning pool and gardens. The staff were very polite and helpful as well and the free tuk tuk service was very welcomed - the driver would often take us much further than he was supposed to.

Only downside is trying to find the place, be sure to print their address off as our first tuk tuk driver had to ask for assistance in locating this place.

5/5 would definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a higher up room - the balcony areas have plush seating and is very nice to relax.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amanda m
Reviewed June 12, 2014

When my wife and I left the hotel after a 12 day stay, we had the feeling we were leaving family. From the staff to management all we encountered were truly sincere people who did all they could to make us feel comfortable. We were fully assisted and advised with our plan making for "touristy stuff". The facility is an unexpected hidden garden oasis in the middle of the city. We are seniors (74 and 80) and found many things were in walking distance or a short tuk tuk ride away. No need to write about the excellent facility as others have done that. No need to look farther.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jay W
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very small boutique hotel. Feels like an authentic Thai building with very personal service. When we first arrived, we were welcomed with a nice cold drink and cool towel. Staff went beyond normal expectations to make guests feel welcome. Rooms are quaint, beautifully decorated, and basic. The pool was very cold (December) and we didn't use it. Food was fantastic! Massages very expensive if booked at hotel- recommend to take a tuk tuk into town ($5) to the Green Bamboo Massage Parlor for awesome massages and CHEAP prices! My husband and I went their daily!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed 3 nights during Sonkrang Holidays. Though most of popular accommodations were fully booked, rooms of this hotel were available 1 week before holidays ... I guess it would be because of location. It locates at the east of Ping River, and it takes around 15-20 min to Old City by pedestrian. On the other hand, it is close to fancy shops and restaurants along the river. Night bazar and local markets are in walking distance, too. Another good point regarding location is that it is so quiet at night that you can have a good rest, since the surrounding is local residential area.
The room was wide and well furnished, with wide balcony. There are small but cosy pool. Breakfast is satisfactory. Staffs are friendly and kind enough.
Overall, I recommend this hotel if your purpose of visiting Chiang Mai is to enjoy shopping at markets, or if you want to stay apart from busy tourist areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo