“As charming as the name implies”

Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel
Ranked #11 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was our first visit to Chiang Mai (we kicked ourselves for not making it here on previous visits to Thailand), and Puripunn made a splendid base for our 3 days exploring the delights within the old walled city. As well as venturing to a nearby-ish (45mins drive) Elephant Park, recommended to us by one of the hotel staff.

The location was ideal... close to everything, yet secluded, and away from the 'tourist' melee. The hotel staff were charming and attentive. And the room was spot-on for my wife, 3 year old, and myself to stay together in for our short stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AndyPep

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Hotel is Beautiful, room is nice with huge balcony over looking the pool. Breakfast is functional but no surprising. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Its very easy to find the hotel and we walk around most of the time. It's about 15 mins walking to Night bazaar and 30 mins to the old town. Since this hotel is hidden in residence, it will be very dark and quiet in the night time, but didn't feel dangerous at all walking back.

Room Tip: Ground Floor (1st) has a ground access balcony, but I prefer first floor (Room 2xx) as you can overs...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We took a 25-day, private luxury tour through Thailand, spending 6 nights at Puripunn Baby Grand Hotel toward the end of our trip. The hotel is tucked away in an old neighborhood a short distance from town. A complementary tuk tuk takes you to the night market. A taxi or tuk tuk into town or shopping mall is only about $1.50.

This hotel with its lush gardens and a nice size swimming pool is a tranquil peaceful hide-away and perfect for relaxing and taking a break from sightseeing. Breakfast and other meals are very good. The hotel has a variety of guests ranging from young couples with children to older guests such as us. The staff were extremely accommodating, always smiling and ready to help when needed.

Our tour operator had booked a Deluxe room for us, but when we arrived, we decided to upgrade. I checked two suites - one on the 2nd level and the other on the 3rd level. Both were beautiful and spacious. However,neither was suitable for us since we both have problems with stairs and the hotel does not have an elevator. We decided to splurge and chose the grand suite on the ground floor. Best decision we've made. All I can say is "wow, wow, and wow". This suite is incredible with beautiful furnishings, sparkling mirrors, and crystal chandeliers. It is huge with a bed room area, living area, and dining area. The bathroom is magnificent with a huge whirlpool and an extra large shower. This suite has its own private pool large enough to swim laps with a very nice sitting area. The pool can be accessed from three sides of your suite by sliding doors. Every day there were fresh flowers in every area including the bathroom, as well as a basket of fresh fruit replenished when needed.

I can't comment on the deluxe rooms, but the suites are super great and the grand suite is simply terrific. If you are staying more than two days and if you feel like spending the extra money, go ahead and splurge on the Grand Suite. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed 6 nights in the Grand suite, the largest, grandest, and of course most expensive suite at...
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Charming hotel with a delicious breakfast and extremely helpful staff. The positive far outweighs the negative but - if I had to critique the hotel - the only complaints would be that the beds are a little on the stiff side and noise from other rooms (doors closing, talking, etc) could be heard clearly especially in the morning. That said, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Chiang Mai and I hope to have the opportunity to visit again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I loved this hotel, it lives up to all it's great reviews. Rooms were lovely with a delightful balcony with sofa and chair. I cannot fault this place, service was really 5*, and the breakfast great. It's tucked right out of the way but not to far from town, we had scooters, but a short tuk tuk ride and you are in the centre. In fact it's position is a blessing as it's really quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rvrman21
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is the first ever review on TA, reason being I've never felt the need to write one. I'll keep it short sweet and simple as I don't like to read long winded reviews and have to sieve through them myself. I'm very particular where I stay and extremely fussy. This place met my expectations and beyond. Clean, great service , great staff, great location , great food, peaceful and would I go back? Yes. yes and yes. Money well spent and one of my favourite hotels to date! You'll enjoy staying in and will like myself feel very at home.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MsLoy
Reviewed February 23, 2014

A quiet boutique hotel within walking distance of local attractions and evening shopping. The room was very nice and comfortable and the restaurant at the hotel served delicious food. The garden and pool are also lovely. Staff was all very friendly and helpful.

Highly recommend and would stay there again.