Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2016

I stayed here during the Loy Krathong Festival last year...unfortunately. I found this place on the Lonely Planet (they should really revise their hotel from times to times) and so I book and went there, payed in advance, big mistake The owner, Sara, gave us a room, at the second floor, it was hot and miserable, not even THAT cheap. To make a long story short: the room had bed bugs. I got bed bugs and I told the owner: she did not care. She said that is was my problem, but surely if I got them from your hotel, from the mattress or duvet, it might concern you. Sadly, this affected all my holiday in Chiang Mai! I wished I had booked the Buddy Guesthouse just down the road, that (I found out) it cost just a bit more, it has a lovely bar with free wifi and a lovely lady as hotel owner.
You live, you travel, you learn I guess.
I HATE leaving bad reviews, but I had such a mean experience here, and I really want to want to advice all the fellow travellers about this place.
This place has bed bugs and the owner could not care less. That's why there are bed bugs here. Avoid at all cost when in Chiang Mai.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank elisarte
Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here from the 7th April -12th we got ourselves a fan only room for 1860baht so 310 baht a night,we ended up staying an extra night as Songkran festival has started and we couldn't move on to our next adventure until the 16th (which I didn't mind at all) the extra night cost just 300 baht. The location was perfect for us, round the corner from Ploen Ruedee night market which we recommend for live music. For a budget travelling couple I'd recommend this place, twin room(just pushed the beds together) private bathroom with toilet and hot shower, we also had a balcony with a chair and a clothes rack which was handy. Top tip - try all the settings on the fan - we had it on one for the whole 6 days and on the last night we discovered setting 1 was the highest speed not 4. Ha

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mikala T
Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

Avoid this place at all costs. We thought we were onto a good deal for how cheap it was...we were wrong.
As we turned out the lights to go to sleep we felt things crawling, turned the lights on to see multiple bed bugs all over the pillows and bed. When we examined the sheets more we noticed small brown drops on them like brown felt tip, we now know what that was.
We did tell the owner the next day about this problem however she acted like we were lying, all she said was "no one else has mentioned them". Made us feel like liars, I wish we were lying it was the worst night of our holiday. This place might be cheap but please avoid it's worth paying the extra...wish we had!!!!

Oh and the bathroom is very dirty toilet was brown and shower covered in limescale. By far the worst place I have ever stayed.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Hayley W
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised that for such a cheap rate the rooms were good. Clean and basic however it was just a place to sleep at night. The rooms only have fans so for someone who is needing air con this place is not for you. Also a down side was that you need to pay for towels and extra sheets 15-20 baht each (the room comes with a fitted sheet and a light blanket). This guest house is in great location to the night bazaar and restaurants are only a few minutes walk away.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

Initially I booked one night at Sarah Guesthouse due to the mix reviews. After arriving I booked two extra nights. The location is great, just a few minute walk from the night market(Saturday and Sunday night market) and close to a busy street (Loi Kroh) which even though at night it's filled with "lady friends" there are also some bars to get food and coffee places to get breakfast in the morning.

The rooms are basic but have everything you need and are clean. A sheet, comforter and towel are provided. I found no stains or strange smells on the sheets or in the room which is always a plus. Soap and toilette paper are also provided. The beds and pillows are comfortable to sleep on (note that I like somewhat stiff beds). The bathroom was clean and the drain worked well after taking a shower. even though the bathroom is a wet room (shower and toilette in the same space), the shower and sink won't get wet if you aim well the shower head. Overall I had a good experience and a good price (varies from 9-12 dollars a night).

Date of stay: February 2016