“Raming Revisted”

Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa
Ranked #61 of 403 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed at the Ramming a few years ago so booked once again.

This time booked two nights and ended up staying for 4 nighst. Good staff. Breakfast is ok with a buffet and eggs to order. Kepp the kids happy!Walking distance to Night Market.

Good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Preechaya_R, General Manager at Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Mr.Davelian,

Thank you very much for choosing Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa as your preferred in Chiangmai. We appreciate your time sharing your pleasant experiences with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you were having a good time and we will try utmost to keep up our good standard in order to meet our guests' satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa again on your next visit to Chiangmai.

If I could be of any further assistance you may have, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Preechaya R.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Nice big decorated rooms. In the past they had outside telephone lines and all the nice extra's. The Spa and massage area looks from luxury very downgraded. The WiFi works only in a few rooms.
Communication in English was not always easy.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for spending your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate you constructive feedback. On behalf of my team,please allow me to extend our sincere apology for any inconveniences caused during your stay. Your comments has been brought to my attention and we have taken them into our consideration for our future improvement. As the demand has increased, we therefore adding 8 more rooms to replace the spa on the 6th floor. The spa is now located on the first floor and it is still under renovation. The WIFI problems has been noted and our IT officer has fixed the connection problem already. Please rest assure that we are looking into these problems as the guest's satisfaction is always our first concern.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and understanding. We do hope to be able to assist you again on your next visit to Chiangmai.

If I could be of any further assistance you may have, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I just had my mountain bike holiday in this hotel. The location of this hotel is in town. It need about 15 min to the bazaar. The environment is not bad. It is best for team holiday especially biking. The management allow the bike to keep in the room. The design for the room is a bit outdated but still accepatable for budjet trip. I gave the breakfast ranking is 3.(normal). The main reason I gave 4 star is it really suit for bicycle holiday.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa as your preferred address in Chiangmai. We appreciate your time sharing your pleasant experiences on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a good one and you have enjoyed your trip in Chiangmai.
Your compliment will be shared among our team in order to keep up our good service standard to meet the expectation of our guests.

We hope to be able to assist you once again on your next trip to Chiangmai.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

i stayed at this hotel april/may 2014, it is close to everything, in the midst of the bars and also close to the night market for shopping if that is your inclination, the price included breakfast
buffet style, i hesitate recommending this hotel as i want to keep it to myself !
i did not use the fitness centre or the spa, as i walked everywhere for fitness and used the massage place across the road which was a very reasonable price compared to what the hotel charges for laundry.

Room Tip: if you choose a room above the basic rooms they have a free pickup/return from the airport,tip the r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa as your preferred address in Chiangmai. We do appreciate your time sharing your pleasant experiences on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to hear that your stay was a good one and your compliment will be shared among our team. Please rest assure that we will keep up our good standard in order to meet expectation of our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and support. We look forward to welcoming you back to Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa again on your next trip to Chiangmai.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Raming Lodge is a comfortable and conveniently located hotel, a good place to stay if you are in Chiang Mai for a holiday. I was here for business, though, and needed a reliable internet connection. For much of my stay, the connection was very slow; for the rest of the time it did not work at all. I repeatedly reported the problem to the front desk staff, who promised action but nothing ever came of it. If, on my next visit to Chiang Mai, I am on holiday and do not need internet access, I would certainly stay at Raming Lodge. But if I am on business, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Donald R
Preechaya_R, General Manager at Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for spending your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your feedback. Your valuable comment has been brought to my attention. On behalf of my team, I would like to extend our sincere apology for any inconveniences you were having regarding the WIFI. Our IT officer has looked into this problem and working on it in order to ensure the stability of the signal throughout all the rooms. Once again, thank you very much for your comment and understanding. We do hope to be able to assist you again for your next visit to Chiangmai.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is adequate if you are just looking for a low-budget place with basic amenities. The room was clean, provided air conditioning, a tv, and a fridge. The staff at the reception desk were very nice and hospitable.

However as a solo female traveler, I did not feel very comfortable here. The room was depressing, the bathroom dark and slightly scary, and the neighborhood is not the greatest especially at night.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for spending your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your constructive feedback. Your comment has been brought to my attention. We have well noted that the room is a bit dark. However, it is due to the style of the hotel which was decorated in Lanna Boutique style. Please rest assure that your comment will be taken for our future improvement and guest satisfaction is always our first concern.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and understanding. On behalf of my team, we hope to be able to assist you again on your next visit to Chiangmai.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stay here for 5 nights. friendly service, Good breakfast buffet, nice size rooms.
Internet wifi wasn't working great, sometime OK sometime just nothing.
Location is great right in the middle of everything, close to the weekly night market and also walking distance for the Sunday market.
I stayed on the second floor, yes little noise, but wasn't that bad that kept me from sleeping.
The bed is a bit hard... common in the far east. The AC was working great.
overall I thought I am getting great value. book with Agoda the price is actually better.

Room Tip: Ask for the room to be close by to the wireless hotspot for better wifi.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo