“Great birding”

All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours
Ranked #96 of 321 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Culture and nature friendly tours, treks and adventures from day trips to full holiday packages away from the normal tourist crowds. Every tour can be custom designed to meet your needs. We can also provide air, train and ferry tickets along with the accommodation of your choice from home stay to luxury.
Reviewed February 21, 2017

Great day out at Doi Inthanon park and great half day around Chiang Mai. They know the birds and know where to find them.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
allthai, Owner at All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Thank you for the nice review. We have been doing private tours and adventures including bird watching away from the normal tourists crowds for more then 25 years. We are passionate birders ourselves and enjoy sharing our special birding spots with our clients.

Thanks again

"thai lunch"
"spoke good english"
"khao soi"

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Randy designed our tour to meet specific interests and special requests in advance of our arrival. During our trip I was feeling not my best due to a health issue. Randy thoughtfully gave us new options that would work better with my health restrictions. Then reworked our ittinerary to keep us both comfortable and entertained. The scenery and food experiences were great and we learned so, so much! Thank-you Randy & Jackie for taking such great care of us!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
allthai, Owner at All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We are always ready to make changes on the fly if needed. We are very happy you had a wonderful experience. I will show this review to your driver Jackie who is always looking out for our guests.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 20, 2016

I hate to give this tour a 3 star because Boontam (the bird watcher) and Jackie (the driver) were absolutely amazing. Boontam was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and Jackie was so fun and nice. However, the owner decided to join our trip, and was absolutely miserable, intimidating and rude.

The owner, who appears to absolutely hate tourists and women, spent the majority of the trip aggressively and demeaningly criticizing my friend and I. We couldn't make small talk without him abrasively telling us we made a wrong decision or "were going to get poisoned if we went to any islands." He frankly intimidated and scared us with his extreme abrasiveness. We ended the tour after only half a day, which is a shame because the other men were absolutely wonderful. A plus is, they took us to eat at this delicious hut for lunch. It was the best meal that I had in Thailand.

1  Thank Ashley W
allthai, Owner at All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2016

Wow Ashley that was harsh. I go on our tours at times and you are the first one with a negative comment about me in 25 years living in Thailand. I didn't get that feeling during the trip. What ever I said that offended you I apologize. When you asked questions I just answered honestly.

Cheers,

Reviewed December 7, 2016

My main interest was to visit the Friends of the Asian Elephant. I wanted to see the elephants that had their legs blown off by mines and that are now wearing prosthetic legs. But what I saw there was so much more. I learned how other elephant parks mistreat their animals and how FAE is providing service to treat these mistreated and sick animals. Simple things such as constipation can kill an elephant, so they do need to lots of care and respect. Obviously not all elephant parks are bad, but only a very few are good. If you want to ride or bathe an elephant this is definitely NOT the place for you. Our guide has a good relationship with the FAE staff and knows a lot about the animals too. After this visit he took us to a jungle market where he explained and let us taste some of the food. Our guide was fluent in both English and Thai, which helped a lot. He took us to eat Khao Soi, a dish local to the North of Thailand. We would definitely not find this local restaurant if we were on our own. And as a bonus, he took us to see the real old town of Chiang Mai. A very cute little community with ruins, old houses and very narrow roads. Not many tourists there so it was great! It was an awesome day out of the main tourist areas with lots of interesting information and a nice private air con van. Definitely worth it!

1  Thank deisenishi
allthai, Owner at All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Hi Deise,

Thank you for your kind review. I went to FAE Hospital yesterday and showed Soraida, the founder and director, your comment. She said she was sorry she couldn't meet you as she had a meeting in Bangkok. I am also glad you got to enjoy real North Thailand, Lanna and Chiang Mai culture away from the tourist crowds. This is what we like to do.

Hope to see you again,

See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2016

The 4 of our (2 couples) went for the 2 day jungle experience.
The first day was great sightseeing, the highest point in thailand, a market and a 3 hour trekking. The scenery was beautiful, with lots of birds and waterfalls. Our driver, Jackie, was one of the funniest and benevolent men we met those days.
The food was great, the people were nice.
Our guide that day, Roti, told us interesting things about the plants, with some good jokes.
We slept in a fairy-like cottage with a view over the rice fields.
The next day, the guys did a 6 hour trekking, which was a wonderful experience, Yoesay. The scenery was great, we ate lunch (packed in bananaleafs) while sitting on a rock in the clouds. I'm not a great sportman, So with the heat, the different and hard paths, it felt like a victory when we got back to the village.
During our trekking, the women were showed around in the village. Seeing how the Karen people live and they helped harvesting rice, roasting coffee and making clothes.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
allthai, Manager at All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2016

Hi Guys and Gals,
I saw the photos and looks like everyone had great time. I will show your guides Roti and Yoesay and driver Jackie your review. We all thank you so much for your kind words.