“real thailand -not made up for tourists”

All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours
Ranked #96 of 321 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Culture and nature friendly tours, treks and adventures from day trips to full holiday packages away from the normal tourist crowds. Every tour can be custom designed to meet your needs. We can also provide air, train and ferry tickets along with the accommodation of your choice from home stay to luxury.
Reviewed September 1, 2014

When we planned our holiday to thailand we were looking for a jungle trip in chiang mai. Everything seemed so fake an really like a tourist bus "hop on hop off tour".
Then we found Allthai experiences and we got in touch with Randy by email. We told him what we were looking for (long journeys trekking through the jungle and very basic accomodation far away from the tourist routes) and after a few emails we had our 3 days trip planned.
Finally it was even better than we expected.we went to a national park and Randy avoided the touristic routes and also the restaurants made up for western , he told us a lot about thai kitchen and the culture. For the trekking we had such a nice guide(Jo) from an hill tribe village who helped us to discover the jungle, the plants and his culture and we did long routes for example to the tiger mountain. Jo was learning spanish with us and we learned thai with him:-)What I really liked is that they showed us the results from the royal project that helped the hill tribe villages to change from their occupation to grow opium to agriculture. So this is like it really is nowadays and not how tourists expect it to be.
So we really want to thank Randy and Jo for this unforgettable "all thai experience".
Hope to see you soon
Christine and Alberto from Spain

allthai, Owner at All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Thank you Christine and Alberto for your kind review. I purchased a Thai - Spanish language book with DVD for your guide Jo to study so he can learn more Spanish. This should help him on getting more trekkers from Spanish speaking countries. Hope to see you again soon for your bird watching trip in the winter when the migratory birds are here like we discussed. Cheers, Randy

All reviews
"thai lunch"
"spoke good english"
"khao soi"

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My teenage daughter and I returned from Thailand a week ago, where we did a tour with All Thailand Experiences up north for seven days. I have nothing but high praise for this tour company. When I first contacted Randy Gaudet (owner), I was trying to decide which tour company to use and had many (MANY!) questions - which I had no hesitation in putting into numerous emails. Randy answered each email thoughtfully and completely, which caused me to ultimately decide to go with All Thailand. Our trip - centered around Chiang Mai and up near the Burmese border - was absolutely incredible. It's hard to believe how much we actually did during the tour. We accomplished and saw a tremendous amount, yet it never felt rushed or jampacked. I am convinced we experienced a side (and sites) of the area that most tourists never even begin to experience. What's more, All Thailand was totally flexible with our itinerary; when I sheepishly admitted that eating spicy food was not my strong suit, restaurants and meal choices were cheerfully changed to accommodate my tastes. When my daughter and I decided fairly late in the game that we did, in fact, want to humanely ride an elephant, plans were changed in order to allow us to do so. Our trusty driver, Jackie, kept us amused with his origami birds and wacky antics - but he was a totally safe driver :) We actually had Randy as our guide a fair amount of the time, since our original guide had a last minute family emergency, and we enjoyed getting an ex pat's point of view on many issues. All in all, I think we received wonderful service and enjoyed amazing experiences at a fair price by using All Thailand, and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to use them again. I can wholeheartedly recommend this company to others.

allthai, Owner at All Thailand Experiences - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you Pam for your comment. Sorry our guide Amber had a last minute family emergence and you had to put up with me for a few days. Jackie, your driver, did a great job picking up the slack taking care of us. I am very happy you had as much fun as I did visiting my good hill tribe friends. When you return on your next trip Amber or Nok will take good care of you and much better than I did. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I visited Chiang Mai last year to spend time with my adopted elephants and to visit FAE Friends of the Asian Elephant Hospital. I had no idea how I would get there but was put in contact with Randy . It wasn't a problem , he meet up with myself and another friend at my hotel. The day was planned perfectly , first stop was a little shop where you could buy drinks and anything else needed a toliet stop and to stretch the legs. A market visit along the way where you can buy lunch beautiful chicken and thai salad , all the while taking in the knowledge from Randy about the surrounding areas culture and history of Thailand. After arriving at FAE Randy introduces us to the staff which was wonderful as theres not much English spoken and Randy speaks Thai fluently . The tour was wonderful and we enjoyed the day emesliy and look forward to seeing Randy's smiling face again

Thank you Bubbkes for the lovely review. I always enjoy visiting Friends of the Asian Elephant Hospital so I will be glad to take you again. See you soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

A girl friend and I decided to take a trip together a few years ago. We knew that we wanted to relax, shop, spend a day in Bangkok, and ride elephants. All Thai took this information and planned the perfect trip for us within our perimeters even incorporating a few amazing sites that we had not thought of. After touring the canals and a temple in Bangkok, we were transferred to a nice hotel room in Chiang Mai right over the bazaar, visited an elephant camp, an authentic Thai village, and had a beautiful hike through Doi Inthanon. Randy even took us on a hike to a gorgeous waterfall that he frequently visits - no tourists and we were able to take our time swimming in the waterfall! The guides are knowledgeable, personable, and very attentive. Not to mention the great Thai food we enjoyed each meal. We did not have to think or lift a finger for anything the entire trip. To this day, this is the best and most memorable trip that I have taken. An overall amazing experience and developed an appreciation for the country of Thailand.

1  Thank y0shi2014

Thank you so much Yoshi (I won't say your real name here) for the great review. our guides and driver and I had as much fun as you did. We are always delighted to take folks to visit the real Thailand away from the normal tourist crowds. Thanks again.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I've finally found time to write some proper feedback about our trip in Thailand. Firstly, I would like to thank the allthai team for an absolutely superb holiday. We had a fantastic time with Nok and Amber and both chofers and thanks to their professionality and fun personalities we certainly had a holiday we will remember for a very long time to come with some great memories we will always treasure. We learnt so much about Thailand, the Thais and their culture from our guides who were both extremely knowledgeable and taught us an awful lot - far more than had we ever expected. We came home with a huge knowledge of the country, the religion, the gastronomy and the people themselves. The whole time we were with our guides (2 days with Nok in Bangkok, and 6 with Amber in Chiang Mai) we were extremely well looked after and everything was organised down to a tee! We did some amazing things, saw some wonderful places and met some lovely people - all off the typical tourist trail. One of our favourite moments, which we will cherish for always, was when we visited the primitive village and all the little children came running up the hill to greet us. To see how they live and play was undescribable , a very tender moment. The walk through the forest was amazing too, the cloud forest, the organic coffee, the river boat rides, the elephant ride, the restaurants we were taken too, which we never would have discovered otherwise, everything was just amazing and very few tourists seen. The guides spoke excellent English and were extremely good at what they did. We loved every minute of it.
Highly recommended. Outstanding in every way.

1  Thank EmCr

Hi EmCr, Thank you for the Lovely write up. Your comment keeps us going with the passion we all enjoy to have all our clients experience the real Thailand. This is why we do what we do. Thank you again.