Review Highlights
Karen Elephant Oasis

The main Elephantnaturepark sanctuary was fully booked but we were advised to go to the office in... read more

Reviewed today
0110jafar
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Gentle Giants

Our day involved preparing food for the elephants, feeding the elephants, then walking them... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from $66.54
from $32.00
from $83.18
10,576 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I had an amazing day at ENP. From the start, it was clear that our guide 'O' cares deeply for the elephants and the mission of the park. This is a sanctuary for elephants that have previously been abused through riding, trekking, circus, illegal logging, etc. Because of the trauma they have experienced or because they were born into captivity, none of these elephants are fit to survive in the wild. I say that because I have read some reviews saying that these elephants are kept as tourists attractions and that is simply not the case. Moving on, at ENP we were able to feed a group of elephants and then walk around the sanctuary to see different elephants and learn about their stories. We were able to observe many of the elephants quite closely and even go up to touch a few - they are such awesome, smart, and kind creatures! We even got to see one of the babies swimming and playing. Lunch was a yummy vegetarian buffet style (hot and cold). Just as an fyi, ENP no longer allows you to bath the elephants as it has determined that it is more harmful than beneficial to them - another sign that they are not looking to make just money, but to provide the best life for the elephants. Would highly recommend ENP for animal lovers (they rescue doggos as well) and those that want a humane elephant experience.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019

It was amazing to get to see elephants up close and in their own natural environment. I really appreciated how the whole project/experience is centered around the treatment of the elephants themselves. Only slight downside was the number of people, felt quite crowded on the grounds. But nonetheless very special experience!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019

We wanted to go to the elephant Nature park and see the elephants and we were glad we did. They really don't let you touch the elephants as the elephants are uneasy with it - OK I get it but I would have liked to have a bit more of an intimate relationship with an elephant - we basically got to feed them and then we walked around the large park and observed lots of different elephants.

Frankly, it was long and drawn out - could have easily done this tour in 2 or 3 hours.

Lunch was OK, but large buffet for a hundred people or so...what can you expect.

After returning from our trip, we talked with other people who had done other tours and I think if I was doing it again, I would choose another tour - they have some that you spend much more time with a few elephants - kind of get to know them and they get to know you - a little more touching and feeding - sounded more intimate.

The Nature Park does wonderful work - sanctuary for dogs, cats, water buffalo, horses, elephants (and probably other animals)

Date of experience: January 2019
4  Thank Richard A
Reviewed February 17, 2019

Wonderful trip to see the Elephants up close. The park places the elephants at the heart of it and it as ethical as you'll find. A once in a life time trip; which included feeding and stroking the animals.

The trip was well organised and nicely paced. Lunch was varied and enjoyable.

I would highly recommend this sanctuary.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed February 17, 2019

My husband and I did the day-long trip on our honeymoon. Here’s the deal:

PROS:
-Bottom line: they walk the walk. They rescue elephants from horrible conditions and rehabilitate them. I love and appreciate their mission. The healing certain elephants have made is inspiring and heart warming! Of all the research I did, this place seemed far and away the most ethical, and we were happy to support their work.
-Their mission was further underlined by their desire to help ALL animals. Their dog and cat rescue houses 700 animals, and we saw dogs without legs being helped to walk and run again! So worth supporting!!!!
-The elephants’ quality of life is clearly great. They’re thriving. I appreciate the facility’s use of positive (not negative) reinforcement to interact with the elephants, and the way they accept, respect and accommodate each elephant’s needs.
-Seeing the baby elephants playing was wonderful!
-Lunch is huge and yummy and vegetarian.
-Pickup/dropoff to/from hotel was easy and air conditioned.

CONS:
-I expected more interaction! I didn’t expect shows, riding, an elephant massage or a painting elephant - those things are horrible - but, yes, I did expect the elephants would be better acclimated to humans. The elephant interaction was solely feeding them for 10 minutes, petting one for 2 minutes, posing for photos at a safe distance from them, and walking alongside them. That’s all. I wanted to hug an elephant. I wanted to get in the water with them. Maybe that’s silly, but I was excited to have an experience with an elephant, and based on the pics and reviews, that’s what I anticipated. My expectations were wrong.

That said, I highly recommend choosing this place - just manage your expectations. It is far more important to empower places that treat animals respectfully than it is to get that preconceived desire fulfilled by enabling inhumane tourist traps that delight tourists at the expense of these sweet creatures' health and quality of life.

TIPS:
-Book in advance! They will run out of room.
-Take your camera
-Wear closed-toe shoes
-Wear bug spray and sunscreen.
-Appreciate the experience for what it is and feel great that you’re supporting a worthy cause that is delivering on its humane mission every day!

Date of experience: February 2019