Review Highlights
My favourite experience in Thailand

Stayed her for a week via a tour and had the most amazing time. Met some lovely people amongst the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
mimoo_97
London, United Kingdom
Karen Elephant Oasis (Private Tour for 4) Was Absolutely Amazing!

My 3 friends and I had a personal tour at the Karen Elephant Oasis. It was just the 4 of us, the 2... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Jonathan N

Recommended experiences in and around Chiang Mai
from $66.67
from $32.00
from $64.00
from $230.03
10,581 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2019

This elephant park is different than the other places where you can see these animals. Most of the elephants have been rescued and are treated as good as possible. You won't get a "dog and pony show", the owner tries to keep them as natural as possible but you can help bathing the animals (bring a towel).

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

The park in Ko Samui has only six elephants. You will spend time with each of them. You will observe them. The team is really nice. They take care of the elephants really well. And your donation will help to save more elephants. Please visit this park, more elephants will live freely.

Reviewed January 15, 2019

One of my favorite tings that I did while in Chang Mai. My boyfriend and I debated on doing it since this was one of the more expensive ways to experience elephants in Thailand and we were traveling right after college, but I am so glad we did. It was one of my favorite things to do. 100% worth the money and I am so glad we didnt choose something else.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 14, 2019

I picked the Elephant Nature Park because of their how well they treat the animals and provide sanctuary for those previously mistreated. I wanted my money to help those animals in need of rescue. However, they need to update the expectations of the visitor.
For starters, we were told we would be picked up between 8-8:30 am, so of course we were in the lobby of our hotel at 8 am. They arrived to pick us up at 8:50 after 2 other vans going to the same park left with other tourists from our same hotel - very inefficient and disrespectful to us to have us sitting there for 50 minutes after getting up so early in the morning.
We were told to bring towels and flip flops, so our expectation was to be a part of the bathing the elephants experience. While I appreciate that they have discontinued this practice for the benefit of the elephants, it should be more clear to the tourist. The website and instructions should be updated to reflect the new policies.
The feeding and interaction portions of the day were very limited, about 10 minutes the former, 20 the latter. There was a lot of "free" time, which was basically time to spend more money on souvenirs. With all of the travel time and free time at the park, it was a very long day for very little actual elephant interaction time.

7  Thank JoAnne K
Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

It’s about an hours drive if you’re staying in Chiang Mai city.
They also have a dog and cat sanctuary.
The elephants are amazing and the tour guides speak really good English and are very informative about the elephants and their pasts.
Good facilities and they provide tons of food for lunch.
Take suncream and a hat if you’re prone to burning.
Be careful of the bulls- everything in the park is wild and act accordingly. One charged at me, luckily I came away with minimal injuries.

1  Thank elvph