Review Highlights
Highlight of our Asia trip

I can't recommend the ENP enough. My boyfriend wasn't even initially interested in seeing the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Bailey T
Houston, Texas
Amazing place founded on decent principles

A sanctuary and rescue centre first, a tourist attraction second - this is how nature parks should... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago

from $66.44
from $32.00
from $83.05
10,566 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2019

We did the Elephant Delight Project. The shuttle was supposed to come by 8:00-8:30 but ended up picking us up at 9:00. It could be because they miscalculated how far we were from the center. Once we got picked up, we had to sign in. They require passport numbers so make sure you have a copy.

The ride to the location takes about 1.5 hours. During this time they show us a video on what to do and what not to do with the elephants. Then they show a very sad video about all the abuses of the elephants. I almost cried watching it. Once we get near the location, we take all our things and ride an open truck up an unpaved road to the actual location.

Once we arrive, they bring us to this area where we can have coffee and tea and change into the uniform as well as put our things into a locker. We then chop up sugar cane and separate bananas to feed the elephants. Then for about 30 minutes we fed the three elephants their snack. Then we washed our hands, used the restroom and took a bag of bananas each and a bottle of water to walk the elephants for their mud bath. We walked about 15-30 minutes with the elephants while feeding them the bananas to this area. Then we made rice balls which consisted of peeling the bananas and mushing them together with rice, corn and some raisin looking stuff. Then we fed the elephants, washed our hands and walked back. I think this is where the elephants had their mud bath but we didn't say to watch.

Once we walked back, it was time for lunch. Ann our tour guide taught us how to make papaya salad and we ate and chilled. Around 1, we took another bag of bananas and the truck took all our stuff and we walked the elephants to the river. Everytime you walk with the elephants, they give you a bag of bananas to feed the elephants on the way. Once at the river, they give us buckets to splash water on the elephants. Two of the elephants let us splash water on them but one just went alone and played in the water by herself. Ann said sometimes if it's too cold, the elephants don't go into the water and they don't force them. Once we were done, we took a 3 minute bamboo raft ride to the other side, walked up and there was an area with toilets, showers, towels and other things for us to dry off.

We did the Elephant Delight because we had an 8 year old. I did it in my flipflops and it's doable. Certain parts were a bit slippery going downhill but it's not dangerous. I heard the other ones have longer bamboo rides and longer hikes.
At the end, they gave us a framed picture of everyone with the elephants and a barcode which had the Facebook page with all our pictures. We ended about 2:30, 3:00 and were back at the hotel around 4:00. I think since it was the end of our trip in Thailand, it was just the right amount of time. If people want more hiking and rafting, I would recommend the other projects. This was my favorite part of Chiang Mai. I think the next time I want to see baby elephants.

Ann was a great tour guide and made the day really fun. I'm not sure if the max number per project is 12 but we had 12 people in our group. I think if you have a lot of people, it might be fun to do a project with just your group.

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing and unforgettable time. We did the full day which I recommend.

This experience is worth every penny, especiallyq because the money helps them to buy elephants out of abusive situations which can cost up to $150K per elephant... HELP THEM TO CHANGE LIFES!

This is one of the very very few genuine elephant sanctuaries in Thailand. (Please don’t go to the ones where you RIDE elephants or where they do tricks and paintings, as those elephants are ALWAYS ABUSED even if the companies say otherwise.)

Mint, our guide, is a very kind lady, she knew every elephant’s story and made us fall in love with each one. You feed them, touch them, and watch them play in a very respectful way.

Also, lunch was delicious! They had a huge vegan buffet of noodles, vegetables, rice, soup, and more. I will go back in April with all my family, because I want to share with them this wonderful experience and continue sharing to the world to speak up for elephants situation in the whole world.

They really protect animals, not only elephants they also rescue dogs, cats and buffaloes, I am very happy our money is supporting this activities and this wonderful place!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Dreamer204155
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Had a fabulous morning here with our group. All the adults and children (ages 6-13) had a wonderful time. We fed the elephants and then walked to watch them. Our guide, Top, was very knowledgeable and could answer our many questions. The walk is not far and you have plenty of time to take photos and even touch them. We had a delicious lunch that was a huge range of vegetarian curries and dishes all not too spicy to cater for the tourists!
There was also salad and fruit. You can buy coffees and drinks too. After lunch we walked some of the families of elephants have a wash in the river and then cover themselves in dirt! It was fabulous.

Reviewed January 5, 2019

Do not hesitate to visit this place - they care for these animals immensely and it is obvious in everything they do at this beautiful sanctuary. The guides are so knowledgeable, and the experience is extremely humbling. The elephants are the ones running the entire show here - they do what they want, when they want, and there's lots of happy cry moments when you start to hear their stories. There's also many dogs and cats on the premises being taken care of and sheltered from cruelty, you can even adopt one and bring them home if you happen to fall in love (almost impossible not to). This place is ethical and absolutely breathtaking, a true safe haven for the recovering elephants. Do it.

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Visit one of the ENP projects. Tour includes pick up, some feeding and trekking with the elephants. Participants them make rice balls and cut watermelon for further feedings.
After lunch joining with the elephants in the river for some bathing and slashing around.
After saying goodbye to the 3 elephants complete the activity with some white water rafting.
Tour does smart things be providing a bottle or water and towels at the end of the rafting.
Change of clothes needed and swimmers required for bathing and rafting