Book In Advance
Tours from Elephant Nature Park tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $65.60
from $60.68
from $26.24
10,219 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We visited the park today and I can honestly say this is the best experience of my life. It has given me a totally different view on elephants and how they are treated around the world. The staff here do an amazing job and what they do for the elephants and other animals (buffalo, dogs & cats) is truly inspiring.

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

These people care about the animals, and have found a way of caring for them without using a hook for control. It's a rescue park for previously abused elephants. It's one of my favourite experiences in Thailand. I will always remember this day. Loved it the whole time.

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were here yesterday as our Christmas Day excursion, and it was such a special day. Learning about the elephants and where they came from (most are rescues from logging or riding operations throughout Thailand) was very meaningful, and it was so nice to pamper them-feed, pet and bathe them. Don’t ride while in Thailand...visit this sanctuary!

Reviewed December 25, 2017

I spent a week volunteering at the Elephant nature park in December and was blown away by the care they provide for these elephants that have even put through years of torture. It was great to get an insight into the real stories of what goes on and meet and talk with Lek (the founder). We got involved in the work that is done in order to run the park such as cleaning the park, poop, unloading food trucks as well as feeding the elephants and experiencing the elephants up close.

The accommodation was basic but comfortable and the food was amazing - vegan buffet for each meal. There was also a great coffee shop (which I wish was open for longer hours as if we were out for the afternoon we would miss out on the opening times). It felt like the day visitors benefitted a little more than we did from some of the services.

Our co ordinatiors were amazing! They made the week worthwhile. Jonny, Mix, Bas, Cee (and another who's name I can't remember!). They were full of knowledge about the park and had such a passion for their work. Very helpful and caring.

We had some sort of entertainment on each evening. There was also a group of ladies who would be available in the afternoons for very cheap, great massages that I would recommend! My first Thai massage experience!

The only downside is that I didn't feel that we got enough quality time with the elephants. We had 1 walk around the park to meet the elephants for the whole 7 days and got to feed the elephants once or twice depending on how our jobs fell for our group. There were 4 groups for the week I was there which were made up of approx 75 people! It didn't feel very personal for that reason but I understand that they need the hands to do the work. We also spent some time out of the park doing other jobs which meant less time aroun the elephants also.

I didn't enjoy the visit to the local school, it was not what I expected. It felt like we were on display and that the children were being taught that tourists are just for money. There was a donations box at the front of the courtyard where there were several activities going on, massage, bracelet making, candle making. It felt uncomfortable to see children massaging in their school uniform.

Overall, I would still highly recommend this trip. It is the only place I would visit elephants as I know 100% they are being treated with respect. There is no chains, no hooks, no riding and I'm happy knowing that they are stopping the bathing next year also!

1  Thank Naomi1812
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

We did the Pamper a Pachyderm single day visit and we had such a wonderful time. Everything was run very efficiently and there was plenty of time to also relax and just enjoy watching the elephants be elephants. We didn't really get to do the bathing portion because the elephants seemed to think the water was too cold (can't say I truly blame them on that point) but otherwise our visit was truly remarkable and we cannot recommend this highly enough.