Book In Advance
Tours from Elephant Nature Park tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $65.60
from $60.68
from $26.24
10,219 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Reviewed January 8, 2015

Volunteering for a week at ENP

Great experience
Good Food
Interesting knowledge from guides on culture

Would Recommend to anyone who has a week in Chiang Mai

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank Kristian B
Reviewed January 8, 2015

What a wonderful way to spend a day and support a wonderful cause! I must say, I think about this part of our vacation ever single day. It was truly an experience of a lifetime. The "pamper" experience allows you to walk for hours with these majestic mammals feeding them, hugging them and enjoying their company. Our guide, A, was very informative, fun and helpful throughout the day. He answered everyone's questions and it was clear that he truly loved what he was doing. We also got to bath the elephants, which was hilarious to me as I got soaked. The Nature Park is also home to a dog rescue and also seems to have a cat rescue as there are many adorable and happy kitties ready to be loved up. After are wonderful walk, we also did a little water rafting which was so much fun! If you choose to do pamper don't forget to bring a change of clothes! you will get wet! Don't worry about food as they supply you with a delicious luch, and a cookie/tea before they shuttle you home. If you want to experience Asia elephants in Chiang Mai, please go to the Nature Park. If you must choose another place, I encourage you to do your research and make sure you aren't supporting elephant slavery. If you have to ride an elephant please don't choose a company that uses the metal seats. These seats are known to damage the elephants spines permanently.

Reviewed January 8, 2015

After umming and ahhing about which elephant trip organisers to go for and a lot of internet research, i found a post on the trip advisor forum about this group who give a more elephant friendly experience.
I was worried about signing up for a tour where the elephants were mistreated and this would taint the experience for us, so this was the deciding factor on why to go with Elephant Nature Park.

The van transfer was a bit bumpy (don’t sit at the back if you suffer with motion sickness) but it was worth it for the amazing day we spent with the elephants.
We fed, walked and bathed them and also had an amazing lunch in a bamboo shack amid the trees.
We also had a bit of white water rafting at the end of the day, which, as a non-swimmer, was not as scary as it sounds.....great fun in fact.

What this company are doing is amazing and i only wish that more tour groups would take this on-board. We did see other tours with people riding elephants and the elephants were being sling-shot in the eyes to walk and hit with sticks, its just not fair and not something i would want to pay for.
For anyone who wants an elephant friendly experience, this is the company to go for.

1  Thank Katherine5065
Reviewed January 8, 2015

I am really touched by the wonderful work that the Elephant Natural Park does...I had one of the best and most emotional days in my life while visiting this Elephant Heaven. There is so MUCH TRUE LOVE in this place, that it is a life change for everyone who has the pleasure to visit and learn.
God bless all these people who dedicate their lives to save the elephants lives. It is extremely sad that tourists do not search before visiting and spending their money with places that abuse elephants.
This place will touch your heart, and we should at least help to pass the message along that no tourist should pay their money for their own pleasure, we should donate to help rescue and take care of these gentle, intelligent and lovable animals.
Thanks Elephant Natural Park for all you do, and for sharing this lesson with us...We all can learn something, and I actually closed a packaged that included elephant ride, and declined to ride my elephant and the guy was not happy, yelling at me saying that he wouldn't give my money back. I told him, I don't care about the money, I will use my time sharing my love and respect with this animal, and I had the most amazing time - sad, to see the chains and see the elephant being hit by a piece of wood, including the baby and mom, I cried so bad...but it is the sad reality of what the tourists who pay for this "fun ride" helps to develop in Thailand and any other place where the tourism abuse our animals.

2  Thank Paula M
Reviewed January 7, 2015

Going to the Elephant Nature Park has been one of the best things I ever did. We chose this particular place because of the good work they do there in rehabilitating the elephants and making a home for them. We got to feed them, walk with the herd, and bathe them. A vegetarian lunch is provided in the cost of your tickets.The place itself is rustic like a campground. So dress accordingly, bring a change of clothes and proper shoes that get muddy etc and just enjoy yourself. It is an all day experience..

Date of experience: November 2014