“Nature” 5 of 5 stars

Elephant Nature Park
Book In Advance
$163*
and up
1 Day Ethical Choice Tour to the Elephant Nature Park with Private...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Elephant Nature Park, a unique conservation project set in Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand has been in operation since in the 1990's with a goal to provide a sanctuary and elephant rescue center. We have been involved in dozens of rescues and sustain a natural home for this endangered species. Mission: To protect and conserve elephants in a natural environment and to provide a healthy and fruitful life for all those creatures under our care
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Istanbul
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I loved the whole adveture going there and coming back with my scooter.Scenery is breathtaking with full of well cared, washed elephants and their little ones.You dont feel like youre doing one of those tourist trap things such as cobra show, tiger zoo etc.

Visited February 2013

• Thai first
Rochester, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“If you Love Elephants, this is where you want to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This week was my 3rd visit to ENP (warning: it may be addictive). Lek is an amazing woman who is treating animals the way they should be treated. You will be able to interact with the elephants and not feel bad about it. You will feel good about not riding on the back of one or watching them perform in a way they should not be forced to. And...the food is really good too.

3 Thank Cheryl A
Fremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Still Love It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is my second trip to ENP. on my B'Day. And I plan to volunteer there every year. I met so much of incredible and interesting group of people from all over the world. From young to the elder. We all come with one thing in mind, have fun, help with the work, bring back memories and educate other people that our eles are wonderful social animals. They need to be treated with respect and kindness. Just watch them in the open space of ENP. is so peaceful. I can't wait for my next B'Day in Jan'14

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Ummara P
Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I visited the ENP recently and totally enjoyed the day. While others have commented negatively that the day was too slow, that was one of the things we liked about it. On many tours you are rushed through everything with too much to see and no time to experience. Not at ENP. It is a peaceful, serene place and the pace of the day reflects this. Nobody is rushing around and the elephants don't have to contend with harried visitors. There are many comfortable vantage points from which to watch the elephants doing their thing and we enjoyed having time to just observe them in their habitat. We picked ENP because it is not a typical tourist attraction -- they do not have elephant acts or rides -- and we were pleased that we felt like guests, not tourists to be entertained. The long delicious lunch afforded plenty of time to visit with other guests from all over the world and then relax a bit before the afternoon activities. Personally, I would not change a thing about ENP. It was an amazing experience to learn about and interact directly with these beautiful animals. They are treasures and that's just how they are treated at ENP.

If you are debating among other elephant "camps" and ENP, I would encourage you to choose ENP because all of the elephants there are rescued and some of them have injuries which are treated by the park. The fee you pay to visit goes back into supporting this wonderful work and giving these noble animals a safe, kind home. On the way back to Chiang Mai we passed some of the other camps where the elephants were tethered with chains on cement pads -- this doesn't happen at ENP. The elephants at ENP are free to move about in their social groups and are not forced to interact with visitors. All in all, ENP as probably as close as the average person can get to having a safe, natural experience with elephants.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Travelisforus
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 weeks in Thailand and our day at Elephant Nature Park was one of our favorite days of the whole time. What a beautiful place and a beautiful story. The time we spent with the elephants was really laid back - you almost felt like you got to know them. We got to feed them, hear about their stories and watch an eye-opening documentary about elephants in Thailand. I have so much respect for Lek and what she's doing to give these injured/retired/abused elephants a peaceful life. We enjoyed everything about the day - from our small group of friendly tourists we spent the day with to the food and the guides...and of course, most of all, spending time with and learning about the elephants in the park. At first I thought the price was a little steep, but after looking at other places and knowing what the money is going toward, my husband and I thought the price was right on.

Visited December 2012