“Do not hesitate!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Baan Orapin Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 829 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2006

Easily the best accomodation I've had for under $50/night. Easily. I spent a lot of time looking for just the right place for an overnight in Chiang Mai and man did I hit the jackpot. I stayed in an upstairs room in the front part and had no trouble with noise whatsoever. I wasn't really into the city in general (from what little I saw of it) but would go back there just because of this place.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank mahonah

Reviewed July 18, 2006

This place was so nice that we simply did not want to leave. beautiful rooms and garden, excellent staff and service and a great location. it is off the main touristy part, but no more than 15 min walk to the night bazar. very quite and peacful and the rooms are pretty and comfortable. highlly reccomend.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Tzur
Reviewed July 4, 2006

We spent 3 days in Chiang Mai at Baan Orapin and loved it there. The location is convenient: a short tuk-tuk ride (or longer walk) to the old city and short walking distance to shopping and dining, including a very interesting street market area with several food stalls. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The grounds were beautiful and serene.

However, the best feature of Baan Orapin is the people who run it. Opus and Air were both very friendly and helpful, and made our trip to Chiang Mai very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Reviewed June 9, 2006

Baan Orapin is a superb place to stay in Chiang Mai.
It is set in a beautiful garden setting, with large luxurious rooms with lots of character.
The owners Air and Opas are lovely people and are so helpful.
The breakfast that is included in the price is excellent on a lovely deck in the garden with outstanding service.
The location is perfect in the Ping River district with galleries and riverfront restaurants just a short stroll away.
When you want to head into the hussle and bustle of the city, just walk across the footbridge and you are in the centre of the action.
I don't think you could find a better place to stay - it's like a resort without the high prices and so much friendlier. It's just perfect. We stayed there in March 2006 and loved it so much we returned in June.

Stayed: June 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2006

I just returned from my first trip to Thailand, and my most memorable place was Chiang Mai. Number one reason was the people. At Baan Orapin, you feel the warmth of Chiang Mai. I absolutely loved my stay there and was sad to leave. Opas and his staff were accomodating and thoughtful beyond expectation. Rooms were clean, there were beautiful gardens and trees on the grounds, and delicious breakfast was served everyday. Thank you for making my trip one of the best.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank KCL1114
Reviewed May 14, 2006

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Thailand and we were lucky enough to get to stay at the Baan Orapin Bed and Breakfast in Chiang Mai. What a beautiful place to stay, the landscaping was amazing and it was so close to the night bazzar and quite a few great eateries.

My Husband and I arrived quite late and we were greeted by Opus at the front gate and brought right to our amazing unit! We had a four post bed and all wood floors. The bathroom was great with a huge walk in shower. The traditional Thai decor topped it all off! Not to mention the service was great Opus helped us get around the city and also booked us on a great elephant trek with Journey Tours, it was everything we wanted and 10 times more!

Breakfast was great you just picked any of 4 or 5 options off the menu with quite a selection (we were huge fans of the ham and cheese omlet).

The enviroment and friendly service just can't be beat at the Baan Orapin and they will definatly see us again! I will also highly reccomend it to anybody else going to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: May 2006