“Amazing food- try the pomelo salad and beef cheek”
Review of David's Kitchen

David's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 2,832 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic french restaurant with a lovely indoor dining room. We are open for dinner from Monday to Saturday from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Great food and delicious cocktails.
We had pomelo salad and tuna to start with penang lamb and beef cheek for main and all the dishes were absolutely delicious. Beef cheek was possibly the best meal we've eaten ever.
Friendly owner and wonderful chef.

Pricey for Thailand but highly recommended. Book to avoid disappointment or turn up early. Taxi or tuk tuk probably needed as they're a bit out of the way but only a short ride from the old city (15 mins max?)

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (4,489)

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

5 stars in every regard. Delicious food; wonderful service; relaxing ambiance. Things to know: car service is available, arrange it in advance; There is no dress code; David is constantly in the dining room confirming all is perfect. Things to eat: pumpkin soup, words can't describe it; soup sampling appetizer: Australian wagyu beef; beef bourguignon. All were excellent. Great wine, cocktail, and craft beer lists! A must-try restaurant in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

We have high expectations of this restaurant as it has been rated no. 1 by TripAdviosr and I have to tell you it has not let us down. The atmosphere and environment is lovely. The food served is excellent - bread, spicy pomelo salad, pumpkin soup and beef cheeks ( to name a few ). The thing you have to remember is that you should have made booking well in advance and done it in your home country before you set off. I believe they may have full house every night.

My only light complaint is the waitress who served our table insisted of taking order in a clock-wise direction but as I wasn't ready yet, I asked her to do it anti-clockwise instead. She didn't like it too much but as customers, I had 'My Way' and she was obliged to follow !

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2016

My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at David's Kitchen. Despite the fact that the restaurant was full, we felt -- by virtue of the attention lavished on us by staff, kitchen and host -- that the evening revolved around us from the moment we entered until our departure. Every course was absolutely delicious. Every aspect of the dining experience was incredibly well-conceived and unforgettable. We cannot recommend David's Kitchen strongly enough. All of our dishes were spot-on, with the Japanese Pumpkin Soup, Braised Beef and Sticky Toffee especially worthy of praise amidst an incredibly deep, diverse and delicious menu.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

We celebrated my husband's birthday at DK over the weekend. I had the set menu - all four courses were spectacular. My husband had the soup flight, which he loved, and the lamb shank. It is challenging to find high quality lamb in northern Thailand, but DK has managed to obtain it and make it magnificent.
The staff is attentive, highly professional, and friendly. David, the owner/founder, and his family make visitors feel as though they're dining at the home of a dear friend. We will be back!