“A memorable meal in an idyllic location, perfect for a special occasion.”
Review of David's Kitchen

David's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 2,383 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic french restaurant with a lovely indoor dining room. We are open for dinner from Monday to Saturday from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Reviewed May 6, 2014

At any restaurant the food is important and it is excellent at DK, The Thai fish starter has just enough of a fusion twist that it does not clash with a classic main, the sauce is balanced and in the right quantity, you would be hard pushed to find fault with any of the dishes my wife and I had.

Any great restaurant is about more than the food. David himself has a passion for his restaurant that is evident in all he does, from responding to an e-mail requesting a reservation despite being on a family break to meeting you from the taxi he arranged with his staff and his lovely wife to the personalised display and cards on the table. All of the staff clearly enjoy working at DK and it shows in the friendly attentiveness you will receive throughout your meal.

The location is stunning and Lisa and I were delighted to pass on our thanks to them all for helping make our anniversary special.

No matter how often you eat out you sometimes want an event and DK delivers just that.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,504)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have dined at David's Kitchen twice and both times I was very happy with the food and service. Owner David was very attentive on both occasions and went above and beyond in ensuring that my fellow diners and I were properly catered to. I really enjoyed the food - I have ordered both the Western and Thai dishes, and all the dishes were very good. The restaurant is situated on a lovely, peaceful property, and there are tables on the lawn for al fresco dining. Also, they make the best coffee in Chiang Mai - served with excellent cookies.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have dinned in this restaurant now 3 times and every time enjoyed excellent food and a very relaxing experience. I enjoyed dinning outside on their beautiful terrace which is surrounded by only nature very quiet and breezy. The staff is very attentive and David, the owner, is always around making sure all his guests are pampered! This restaurant is among the very best of Chiang Mai.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Greeted by David and his wife. Had a bit of chat with the couple.

The menu offer good options. We had beef cheek and lamb shank, both recommended by David, the owner. Great dishes. The welcome drink was particularly tasty.

Nice garden by a river which allows a chill-out walk before dinner. We sat inside. Agree with with MartinCVS, the flickering light in a corner was a bit bothering. Hope it can be fixed soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We came for dinner on our final night in Chaing Mai. We booked due to the excellent reviews and we're not disappointed. The restaurant is a little way out but after my husband booked a table the owner arranged a taxi pick up from our hotel ( the same taxi picked us back up after our meal) we were met by the owner and his wife and seated on the lovely terrace. The meal was wonderful with the lamb shanks proving to be both popular and delicious. The desserts were equally delicious - chocolate mousse! Please go and visit this lovely place. We ( a party of five) would all recommend it.