A local friend suggested this place for our family trip (2 adults, 2 teen kids). We booked the 'family room', which is two connected rooms. Not guest-house cheap, but affordable at a little over US$200 per night for 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. The place has lovely architecture, with a great open feel to it. The location cannot be beat, a few blocks away from the daily night bazaar and a 5 min tuk tuk ride into the old city. The pool is really lovely and very very swimmer and kid-friendly with deep and shallow areas. The two knocks I have on them are the breakfast and their spa. We have been to 5 hotels in Bangkok and Myanmar during this trip and this is the worst breakfast of them all. The selection is very limited and the service is pretty bad. This morning we were alone in the dining area and the 4 waiters were standing in a corner chatting away. Had to ask for tea, coffee, etc every time and we felt we were interrupting their conversations. On the spa, their 60-minute massage was about 5X the price of very similar places literally 30 meters away. Maybe their spa has nicer facilities, but hard to justify such a big price difference. In general, the place is amazing, and if they improved on the breakfast selection and service, I would definitely give it 5 stars
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yaang Come Village boasts of Thai architectural buildings amidst verdant greens which shelter various exotic birds and squirrels. It is truly an oasis of beauty surrounded by an ever-increasing area of new high rise hotels. The hotel embodies the charm and elegance of its picturesque surroundings. The traditional Lanna ambiance engulfs you into a peaceful retreat. Guests are ushered in with warm and friendly hospitality. Exceptional accommodation facilities make memorable stay for both business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yaang Come Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yaang Come Village Hotel Chiang Mai
- Yaang Come Village Chiang Mai