“Lantern Festival”
Review of Yaang Come Village

Yaang Come Village
Ranked #45 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed in Yaang Come Village for the Lantern Festival, myself, husband, son and daughter in law. It was the best place we stayed in, for the friendliest staff who just could not do enough for us to enjoy a very memorable stay. We have recommended you to our friends, and we hope to be back in the future.

The Byrne Family

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Muriel B
There are newer reviews for Yaang Come Village

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Me and my wife stayed here in June 2011. We absolutely loved it. The service from all the staff was amazing, especially the girls at the front desk, and the room staff hanging our wet clothes on a small stand for us. The front desk arranged a tour for just me and my wife to visit the tiger kingdom and the guide was just great. I forget his name but he was very friendly and knowledgeable. He also took us to the snake farm which we highly recommend.

The hotel grounds are beautifully set out like a traditional Thai village. Everything looks extra magical at night. There is also an excellent pool to cool down in. The restaurant served tasty food for breakfast, and the lunch and dinner was also good. Location wise you are right outside the large night market, and everything is pretty close.

We stayed in a superior room (cheapest), and could not of been happier. Large bathroom with excellent shower, comfortable bed with nice room furnishings, and a small balcony overlooking a quiet garden.

Room Tip: The cheapest Superior room was great. The more expensive ones must be even better?
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GandGperth
Reviewed December 18, 2011

If you come here looking for some relaxation and to kick back for a week or more, then this is probably not the right hotel for you. It's neat, clean, quite pretty, but lacking that cozy atmosphere that would entice you to just spend the day chiling on premises. But, if you have a full schedule and plan to stay busy every day, then it's a good place to stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable (though not nearly as nice as their website would have you believe), food at the restaurant can be hit and miss (skip the fish with chili sauce for sure), location is good - walkable to both the Old City and Night Market, and with some route mapping you can even walk all the way to the river. All tuktuk drivers will know where it is just from hearing the name. Great base for exploration, for the traveler who likes to stay busy and won't linger on premises.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank lmitravel
Reviewed December 8, 2011

The Yaang Come village is located in the centre of Chiang Mai, where traffic often is a nuisance. But though it's only 100 meters from the night market, the "village" is in a very quiet area, behind a huge, impressive Yaang tree that gives the resort its name. The reception also is built around this tree which makes a wonderful atmosphere.
rooms are very large with beautiful bathroom. Only problem: The deep hanging roofs make the rooms very dark even in broad daylight.
the pool is small but well entertained, and the personnel is wonderfully friendy. they give you the perfect impression of the easy going and warm hearted lifestyle in northern Thailand.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the first floor, maybe a suite. the downstairs rooms are the darkest ones.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ron b
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have just stayed for 5 days here as part of a month long vacation to Thailand. One could not have wished for a more welcoming and friendly place, a jewel in the centre of the city.
Situated very close to the bustling night market one would think this is not the place to have a quiet relaxing time, quite the opposite, It's hard to believe you are right in the centre of the city. The delightful individual rooms are all situated around the central pool area with the restaurant and bar to one side.
I cannot speak highly enough of the lovely staff in all areas who make your stay a warm and comfortable one with nothing too much trouble.
As a solo traveller, I never felt alone and everyone made me feel most welcome.
After spending the days visiting the lovely sites and scenery of the surrounding area, it felt like coming home at the end of the day!.
I can highly recommend this oasis for a quiet, but right near the action stay, and I certainly will return when I am able to.
A big "thank you" to all at the Yaang Come Village.

Room Tip: There are rooms directly overlooking the pool or one's set back and to the side. It's person...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Gbw8
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband and I were staying at the Yaang Come from Nov 12-14,2011. We had such a wonderful time. After a long flight from New York, their hospitality made everything all worst it. Great food, relaxing and family feeling asmostphere. We will diffinetly tell our friends and stay with you again on our next trip to Chaingmai.... Just hope that the jacuzzi was warm then.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Yaowapa Yael F
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Yaang Come Village for three nights and simply loved our experience there. Firstly, the staff was an absolute pleasure - they were all so consistently polite, gracious, helpful, and charming.

The location is fantastic - within, literally, a block of the busy night markets, a mall, and a major street (a breeze for tuk tuks) - yet with the tucked away location off street and the gorgeous, serene property - you would never know it. It has all the advantages of location without any of the disadvantages.

Our room was very spacious, simply yet charmingly styled, with a large comfortable bed, an enormous bathroom, and a delightful bowl of fruit each day.

Speaking of food, we also loved the breakfast - but for unique reasons. On our first morning, the gentleman host informed us that there would be no buffet that day - so we could order whatever we liked. We picked a smorgasbord of delights, all comped as the included breakfast, and came away loving their boiled rice (rice, broth, chicken or pork, a wee bit of spice). The next two mornings, a buffet was provided and the same gentleman asked if we'd like boiled rice again - we, too embarrassed to ask but craving it, enthusiastically said yes - and they graciously made a special order to accompany the buffet. On our last day, we our shuttle was set to leave at 7am for the airport - the same time as when breakfast starts - so the young woman arranging our ride said "no problem, feel free to come to breakfast at 6:30". We did, and enjoyed a special order of boiled rice on our last morning, too! Fantastic service.

I usually make a point of perusing the negative reviews of a hotel that I so passionately enjoyed - out of curiosity, I guess. The primary complaint mentioned was the mosquitoes (which have a personal vendetta for me, but are part of most tropical locales and certainly part of the package if you visit Thailand) but - I must say - I thought the Yaang Come Village did more to help my battle with those little buggers than any other! They provided an electrified tennis racket style swatter (which won't win any awards with PETA, but is fine by me!) which I wish I had in all subsequent hotels in Thailand. A few backhand strokes each night and I slept in peace. :)

The other complaint seemed to revolve around interest access. I had an iPad and the wireless service worked great - more consistent in it's speed and signal than other Thailand accommodations.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple