“Total crap service”

Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel
Ranked #80 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Supposed to stay there for 7 nights.On check in we were totally ignored by the female at the desk, she would not come off her phone and when she did acknowledge us would not answer any questions as obviously we were just an inconvenience to her by actually interfering with her social life!
When we found out we were a fair bit from anywhere and any shops or restaurants I eventually found out about the hotel mini bus service. This was SUPPOSED to run every 2 hours, but this never happened. At best it was sporadic, at worst non existant.
Were there on a bed and breakfast basis, but unless you like rice cooked 6 different ways and are part of an asian tour group, you are restricted to half cooked fried eggs and toast. There was no provision for europeans at all.

We sat by the pool and at lunchtime requested a menu. My wife and I ordered our meal and drinks. The drinks soon arrived, but after 30 mins went to find out where our lunch order was. Got told by waitress " no hab, cook go home" So we had to leave pool to go into town for food. Unbelievable!! (By taxi, no mini bus available," bus go airport")
Next day sat by pool with beer bought from 7-11 and snacks. Waitress appeared and says " cannot hab food you no buy pool" I said ok, bring me beer and food same same and I pay-she say"no hab"!)

Next day go sit by pool and are told that the pool is closed for a private function,so we are once again forced to go into town earlier than we expect, again by taxi as" bus no come"
Bugger this for a joke and check out next day 2 day early. It took me nearly 3 weeks and a charge back from my bank to get the money back for the early check out despite been told it was paid back immediatley. Damn liars.

I expect this will get the standard copy-and-paste from the manager, but do yourselves a favour and go elsewhere. I asked for the mini bus to airport and was charged 300 baht.Got our luggage back to reception and there was taxi waiting. Taxi from airport to hotel was only 125 baht, so we were robbed on the way out as well!

A lovely city ruined by the morons who work at and run this hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
EurasiaChiangMai, Manager at Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you very much for staying at Eurasia Hotel Chiang Mai. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during staying with us. We would like to thank you again for your comments, which is helping us to improve our services.

There are newer reviews for Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I and my family had a comfortable sleep in the cottage. The hotel is quite far from city area and the surrounding of the hotel is very quite. The cottage for twin room is big.

The hotel is providing the transfer service from hotel to city area. The staffs are not very good in English but they are quite friendly.

The swimming pool is clean and i love cold weather of Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
EurasiaChiangMai, Manager at Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you very much for staying at Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel. We would like to thank you for your comments which is helping us to improve our services.
Looking forward to serve you again in near future

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with the Flight of the Ribbons trip. I had looked at staying here for our other 5 night's in Chiang Mai and am so grateful we didn't. We arrived early prior to our zipplining trip and waited for a good 5 minutes for the service desk lady to acknowledge me. When we arrived back the same lady tried to charge us more for the rooms and after I tried explaining a few times, but all I really got was a lot of eye rolling from her eventually, I had the keys slid across the desk at me and she turned her back on me with nothing further said. There are a few supermarkets and a KFC and McDonald's on the opposite side of the highway but not much else seemed to be around it seemed to be an industrial or commercial area.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Deeley13
EurasiaChiangMai, Manager at Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Amazing stay- Its the little things that count. Like the free shuttel service into city center, and the lighting of the mosquito coil outside our room everynight. The added bonus of the beutiful white flower that created the most devine smell at night was wondefull.

If i had to fault the place, the rooms are a little on the shabby side at the moment and could do with a little makeover. Nothing big, just fix the broken handels on the draws, old worn out bathrooms (with abit of mould and dirty water) and paint on the decorative peices and put in some black out curtains as the lights shine in from the outside but what this place lacks on the inside is truley made up on the outside wonderfull gardens with exotic flowers and a very relaxing pool. The reservation man was extreamly helpful and friendly.

HIGHLY RECCOMEND

Room Tip: Book a room near 109- beutiful smelling flowers at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We scored a free night here because we booked the Flight of the Gibbon but I wish we had longer here to enjoy the super comfy beds, beautiful gardens, inviting swimming pool and the bath! After three days trekking in the jungle this is just what we needed to rest our weary heads. We easily fitted three of us in our suite and still had room to explode our belongings. One of the best night sleeps I had on our trip. Wonderful complimentary buffet breakfast, I think we overate but it was worth it! Credit to the reception staff for trying their best to help us book our buses despite their lack of understanding for the English language.

Room Tip: I think any bed here would be a goodie!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
EurasiaChiangMai, Manager at Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The look of reception area does no justice to the quality of rooms they provide. First, I was in doubt why I did not choose the free-standing cottage but upon entering our suite, I was glad I did not. It was an amazing 2-room suite! They provide 2 free bottles of water every day. Every room has its private balcony and their bed & closets were huge!

A bit farther from downtown but their free shuttle service makes up for it. Once I made my first trip to downtown, I was glad we chose this hotel because it does not have the hustle and bustle. It's quiet and calm and relaxing. We bought the breakfast deal and it's worth it. The buffet has a good assortment and right next to it is a pool, which we enjoyed for a few days. It was helpful that the restaurant was open at all times.

Language barrier is an issue but their staff is very respectful and helpful. They even fulfilled my request to use the shuttle prior to their designated time period, which I appreciated a lot.

Note: do not book your tours with the guy who sits next to the reception (he's not connected to the hotel!). He's not only more expensive than those you can find in Downtown but he also provides no refund in case you have to cancel it (like I had to since I fell sick the day of the tour!) Wherever you go, it's a good thing to inquire about cancellation policies! My husband somehow squeezed our 50% of our payment but I'd have preferred to avoid such arguments!

Overall, a great hotel. we will be back!

Room Tip: Choose the cottages if you mind the stairs but know that the suites are double in size relative to t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 20TinTin12
EurasiaChiangMai, Manager at Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 19 nights in October 2012.

Loved every moment of it, I had the bungalow whch was very relaxing and quiet.

The overall serivice was great and not to mention the food..... the free shuttle to downtown is a nice touch.

I recomment this hotel to anyone who is looking to get away from the daily busy routine....

Loved every minute of it,,, hell, I may even come back to Chaing Mai and stay here another 19 nights...

Thank You Euroasia for making my vacation such an enjoyable time...

Jaime from USA...

Room Tip: If you are looking for a relaxing and quiet time full of nature, then look no further.....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jaime S
EurasiaChiangMai, Manager at Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012