“Surprised and Satisfied”
Review of Viangbua Mansion

Viangbua Mansion
Ranked #89 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Viangbua Mansion is in a fantastic location Chang Phueak right in with the local community it has a restaurant and great coffee shop in its pleasant foyer also not far from the old city a 10-15 walk but along the way so many soi's to wander and explore with a market located within minutes which had everything you could require from,clothing,electrical,personal items,massage,manicures from the lovely lady Goon:) fantastic fresh fruits,vegetables,meats,seafood and many stalls providing us with numerous ready made meals (yummy) and so cheap!! the room is slightly older which gives it a great character with daily exceptional maid service ( they keep it spotless) a lounging area and a giant bed and desk,fridge,tv,sensational hot water pressure in the spacious shower and a balcony with 1st class views of the mountain Doi Suthep that changes throughout the day and evening which becomes quite hypnotic(many photo's taken) and hearing so much varied bird life I really enjoyed my stay with Viangbua that I extended for another week, well done guys "I'll be back"

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Duane D
There are newer reviews for Viangbua Mansion

Reviewed May 12, 2014

When we first moved to Chiang Mai 7 years ago this became our home for two months. We return there at lead once a week for breakfast or coffee or to just chat to the staff who were and still are our family. We book all our friend their and they all leave feeling as we did and each time they return they insist we book into Viangbua. I still stay there with friends at times and my only gripe is that drake curtains would be great. The manager/owner is very accommodating. The toons at clean and the best part is that you are a mere two minutes walk to Thanin market. The food there is to die for, don't be too scared to try everything. This is where you will taste Thai food, the REAL thing. Easy access to tuk tuk and songtaews. Nothing is too much for the staff. The I house restaurant closes at 3pm, but many eating places within a 5 minute radius. Or do the market. The staff will only be too happy to lend you a plate, spoon and fork. If you're gay many gay bars ets within walking distance. We are sure Viangbua will also become your home from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room. On arrival don't be too shy to ask for a chair for your balcony an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andre1956
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This was my first place in a 6 week trip across Asia. I stayed in various places with a variety of places and feel this was the best place overall.

The customer service was exceptional by asian standards. The lady at night was very helpful with tour options without being pushey like most places. She organised my girlfriends lost bag with the airline for us. The other staff were always polite and helpful.

The place is a little way out of the old city. I found this to be a bonus as you got a more authentic experience and its quiet. The breakfast options were very good. The wifi was strong. The room was large and even had a seperate sitting area. The bed was huge. The bathroom had a large seperate shower with good water pressure. I feel the only thing this place didnt have was a pool.

Would definately stay again! The only negative thing I can say is that because this was my first place, I held it as the standard which most of my following accomadtion failed to meet.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sam J
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed at Viangbua Mansion for one night.

Our room was spacious, the staff were very friendly and polite.
It's about 20 minutes to Chiang Mai City center so you may need a motorcycle if you are staying here longer.

Basic but great value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We are halfway through our trip and this was the best place we stayed at. The evening reception lady was the most helpful and caring lady ever. We had just come off the plane and my bag was missing and she rung the airport luggage people for me and sorted the whole issue out.
Also after a long and busy day my bf and I get in (we clearly look knackered) and she asks if we are O.K and then goes and gets us a glass of ice cold water (on a tray even)! All the reception ladies were really nice and helpful but the evening lady was a gem.
Just a note: we were the only young people there.
Breakfast was delicious too!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed as a couple for five nights at the Viangbau Mansion.

The rooms were massive the biggest we stayed in while traveling in asia, we had a sitting area and bedroom as well as a balcony. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good.

This hotel was a little bit more expensive than others we stayed in thailand but coming from Bangkok it was exactly what we where looking for away from the main tourist bars and restaurants but with one good and one excellent restaurant just outside.

The downside when we were there was they were doing work outside, pipes of some sort so the street was partly dug up. The noise wasnt bad in the hotel and work stopped and started at a reasonable hour so it didnt affect our stay other than physically getting in and out.

The location was ideal for us it is a bit of a walk to the main town but we did it most of the time we were there and you get a look at areas you probably wouldnt otherwise and there is usually a taxi or tuk tuk nearby if you get tired.

Overall a very enjoyable stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterGlasg0w
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The best thing about Viangbua Mansion are its staff. The Housekeeping Manager is on top of things which explains the high standard of cleanliness. The reception staff are always responsive, friendly and try so hard to help. There are many long stay guests who are retirees so there is a kind of "community feel" and hardly any noisy young guests running around. A big plus is the fab Tanin Market 2 mins away. Fresh vegetables and fruit, all sorts of snacks, and you can order a stirfry for USD1 ready in 5 mins washed down with iced coffee costing 50 cents. Bottles of beer are available in the grocery shops which you can chill in the huge room fridge. I also appreciate the well-lit and safe parking for motorbikes. There are many other places which charge similar rates but cannot match the service and facilities. I hope Viangbua keeps its rates fair because this will keep customers coming back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo