“Almost a looser hotel”
Review of Winner Inn Hotel

Winner Inn Hotel
Ranked #336 of 395 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The rooms are rather bad maintained. The bathroom had some spots and wasn't really clean. The A/C was poor and did not really cool down the room. The staff was far from friedly but then motivated when you book some tours with them. However, haven't seen serious problems with cleaness nor totally ignorance by the employees. A little breakfast incl coffee is 100 Bhat, which is just okay. It is situated close to the old town and only 10 min walk away from the famous night bazar. Anyway, for the price there might be better choices.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Room and bathroom were very clean. We stayed 5 nights without any problems. The breakfast was not so good, it was quite limited. Cleaning lady visit every day. Location was ok, easy to walk to downtown or take a taxi. Staff was okay, I wouldnt say they were very friendly but ok. Wifi worked very badly in our room (5.floor) but in the lobby it worked well. Beds were very (extra) hard.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was prepared not to like this hotel after I overpaid for three nights to a "travel agent" in Bangkok. I was charged over twice the amount I found on the internet or was given for extended nights at the hotel. However I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are simple, beds a little hard, but the warm, helpful staff more than compensated for these negatives. I booked all my tours with them and the price was comprable or less than other agencies. A simple breakfast was included and laundry service provided at 60 bahts for two kilos. The walk to the old part of the city and night bazaar was a little more than 10 minutes for me, but doable. I felt very safe.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Judith B
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked this hotel because the travel agent told us it would be crowdy in Chiang Mai and we shouldnt go without any reservation upfront. When we arrived we saw a lot of other accomodation for a lower price with rooms available.
If you are looking for a nice, clean (rather small) room, than this hotel is ok for you.
Dont expect a friendly staff helping you out, exploring the city.

All ' things to see and do ' are a walking distance away from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Winner is located just on the outskirst of Ching mai city but also conveniently located within walking distance to the night market and Ping river. So whilst its not in the middle of any notable place its just right to get anywhere you want on foot.

We found the hotel team to be generally not of any use to us. Maybe there was a language barrier but I felt they could have been a little more enthusiastic, friendly and helpful. We were there for the loi Krathong festivel (huge) we asked where was the best place to go and they pointed us in the direction of the old city moat. Luckily the 20000 lanterns in the sky gave away that we should be heading in the opposite direction and did so.. So either they didn’t understand or just did not care. But I think the 1 meter lantern in my hand on the evening of loi krathong kind of gave away my intention. It wasn’t a shopping bag!!!

The facilities offered by the hotel are basic, and they can arrange excursions at decent prices.
The room was ok. Size was ample with a good electric shower TV and Fridge( stocked)
Air conditioning worked. The general cleanliness was ok but the corners and windows were dusty. The Wifi was poor. Always on but the room we were in had an intermittent weak signal.
The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. Even worse than the sleeper bed in third class on Vietnams railway. And they are worse than sleeping rough!!! Really poor choice of mattress and although already stated on here by others( wish I had taken your advice) the hotel had a stockpile of new exact same mattresses in the corridor blocking the fire escape. What made it even worse was the yellow stains on the blankets they were clean but it was off puting . Which brings me onto the rest of the hotel.

The standard of cleanliness was questionable. Im not sure it was if they maybe about to have a refit or something but there was just crap everywhere. Mattresses, window frames and bits of carpet laying around randomly. Walking through to my room just reminded me of being in my garage at home.

Overall average value for money, but don’t rely on them. And don't think for one minute you will feel like your sleeping on a bed.

Room Tip: Every room will have a bad mattress so just go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel a couple of times now. It is well located in the city of Chiang Mai, within walking distance of the night markets and the old city. Tuktuks are readily available to take you anywhere. The staff are very helpful and will arrange tours, transport, etc. and also try very hard to fix any problems. For example, we had a room where the aircon was not working, so they moved us to another room pretty smartly. The rooms are very comfortable and quite large, with ensuite bathroom. Their prices are very reasonable and include a basic cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HMFtraveler
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently booked 3 days at the Winner Inn and after reading some reviews were concerned that we had made a mistake. We have travelled extensively through Asia, India and the Pacificand are used to low cost accomodation with no service, however this hotel was recommended by a tavel agent in Bangkok. After reading the reviews saying 'that the place was dirty' and 'one couple left at midnight', I was not looking forward to arriving
Fortunatley we were pleasantly surprised.... The rooms were neat and quiet. The staff were excellent and gave great with service with a smile. They helped us with trips, shopping and generally gave us good advice.
The place is value for money. Would go again if on a budget.

Les and Olia Hewer