“Tasty!”

Baan Thai Cookery School
Ranked #20 of 72 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
Reviewed May 29, 2014

One of the highlights of my trip to Thailand was the cooking class I took at Baan Thai. An entire day of learning, eating, socializing and cultural anecdotes. The staff was very informative and patient. The morning began with a run-down on the different rices grown in the country and what they were used for. Then a trip to the market. The ingredients were bought. We were instructed all about them, smelling, handling and passing them around. Then it was time to cook and eat our way through the rest of the day. I highly recommend this school. Tasty!

1  Thank RamblinRobHeath

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This class was one of my Thailand highlights! Staff were lovely and and super friendly, and you end up chatting and meeting others who are taking the same class.
A little tip, DON'T eat a big breakfast before you go! You will fill yourself up on delicious dishes that you cooked yourself! Thai cooking is extremely simple and easy to master - couldn't recommend Baan Thai Cookery School more!

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We've just come from doing the evening cooking class at Baan Thai and it was fab! The staff were really friendly and there's a good choice of what you can cook along with a trip to the market where we were talked through all the ingredients we were going to use...would definitely recommend doing this!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Having looked and contemplated many cooking schools we decided on Baan Thai and the experienced confirmed it was the right choice. From the friendly welcome, the trip to the market, cooking and eating your dishes these guys really take care of you with plenty of help and information when required. As a bonus you get a professionally put together cook book that you'll use time and time again, I know I have.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I saw a lot of cooking courses are given in Chiang Mai so I decided to choose one. At Baan Thai we were about to cook five dishes, every dish from a selection of three. I cooked Phad Thai, green curry with chicken, cocos soup with sea food, papaya salad and sticky rice with mango. I was a bit afraid to end up in a beginners course, you never know what level it would be. The pace is very high and I found it to be much fun and I learned some things as well. Starting the course you visit a local market where some information about ingredients is given. While cooking, a bit more critical reflection would be good: like the instructor taste your produce and giving feed back. And you don't have to eat anymore after coming back from the course!