All reviews old city minute walk sitting area sunday walking market comfortable bed laundry service good size perfect location lester ac couch tuk
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a week at the Seven Suns Hotel in Chiang Mai. I stayed in one of the large rooms and it was HUGE! This hotel has been recently renovated by the owners and they have done a superb job. The bathroom is the best I have seen in Thailand. The bathroom would be at least twice the room of any other hotel I have been in. The rooms have all the mod cons and are very clean. The staff are very friendly and do an excellent job. The owners are there every day and were very helpful with any question I had and were only too willing to help with getting a tuk tuk or a taxi or booking a tour. Transportation in Chiang Mai is very cheap, so being in the Old City is no problem when it costs you only 20 baht to get to the night bazaar. This hotel is in a quiet part of Chiang Mai, so there is no problems with outside noise.

Staying at this hotel was like staying with family and is easily the best hotel I have stayed in whilst travelling in Thailand. next time I travel to Chiang Mai I will definitely stay at the Seven Suns.

Date of stay: April 2013
1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The owner and his wife recently renovated this guest house. Amazing modern features and a inexpensive rate. I'd go again in a heartbeat!! The owner, is American and his Thai wife are both very accommodating.

Room tip: Guarantee your room with a credit card to avoid any complications
Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank KatiexKatie
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great place to stay. Lester & Sun make you fell right at home as soon as you arrive. Rooms very clean and spacous, water, soda & beer in the fridge. They are happy to help in whatever you need - directions, recommendations for things to see, places to eat, laundry. Great food and welcoming staff. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank KathyMoon
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Tranquil, relaxed home from home.
Large, well furnished rooms, though the bed, like most in SE Asia, is firmer than I would like.
Be aware that older reviews are for pre renovation.
Highly recommended.
The prices have also gone up but worth it.

Date of stay: March 2013
1  Thank Jemhorne
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Seven Suns Residence in Chiang Mai’s Old City is what a bed and breakfast is supposed to be.

The rooms are big enough to actually live in … by my measurement over 40 square meters. In fact everything in the room is big. The bed is big, the windows are big, the bathroom is huge! Last Sunday I just chilled out in the room, reading the paper, sipping on French press coffee, watching the news of the world on the big flat screen TV.

The only reason I went downstairs is because I’m hooked on the Seven Suns breakfast menu. Whole wheat waffles piled high with fresh Thai fruit and topped with raw honey. My favorite was the all-natural muesli with fresh fruit, yogurt and honey. Every morning I’d see Sanh, the fairer half of the couple that owns Seven Suns, make a shopping list and send the chef to the market for fresh fruit and vegetables.

The patio garden was my favorite spot in the afternoon; sipping on a cold beer, working my way through the Thai food menu and being pampered by the staff. After a day of visiting temples and riding elephants, it’s just what the doctor ordered.

Seven Suns is owned and operated by Lester and Sanh Smith, an American and his Laos wife. It is pretty obvious that running a boutique quest house is their calling. I wanted for nothing ... directions, taxis, tours, laundry ... they took care of me as if I was a longtime returning customer.

My only complaint is that I was too lazy to see more of Chiang Mai. Like a dog who lays on the porch where he gets his belly rubbed, I found it hard to leave the premises. (Look at that ... I’m already making excused to go back).

Short stay, long stay, romantic weekend ... it doesn't matter; Seven Suns will make you feel like family. This is easily the best place I've stayed in Thailand.

Room tip: The rooms in the back have a view of the temple complex and are less prone to traffic noise.
Date of stay: February 2013