All reviewsold cityminute walksitting areasunday walking marketgood sizelesteraccouchtuk
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first visit to Chiang Mai. I was already confident I had found the right place due to the helpful and informative emails I received from the owner, Lester, before I arrived. He arranged the seamless transfer from the Airport to the Motel on our very late arrival. The place is completely refurbished with bigger rooms then previously, everything is new and modern. Wonderful and comfortable bed (very important for me). Breakfasts were a great showcase of local cuisine mixed with western options.

Lester, his wife and team were all very friendly and helpful. It was a relaxng stay and will return for a longer stay later this year...:)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marcus4005
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Lester and his wife have done an amazing remodel with spacious rooms, extremely comfortable king size beds, tasteful furnishing and amazing bathrooms. Great location and they were very helpful with directions and helping in arranging a cooking school and other activities around the area. Excellent coffee and affordable made to order to breakfasts make this place a must stay. We can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the one queen room, room 401 which was amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband & I have loved staying at Seven Suns. Please ignore the reviews earlier than the end of 2011, as it was only taken over from that point & recently renovated throughout. It is in a great location in the Old City, with all amenities close by.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, well thought out with lots of plug sockets, excellent Wifi, nicely decorated & very airy & spacious - perfect for us to practice our yoga.
The staff - Oi, Ying, Lynn, Maryanne & Ta are an absolute delight & are great cooking teachers, tailors & advisors too.
Above all, Lester & Sanh are absolutely charming hosts...laidback, welcoming, helpful & a pleasure to spend time with. Lester has been living in Thailand for 20 years & has great local knowledge.
We stayed here initially for a week & stayed for another 3 nights when we came back to Chiang Mai - we only wish the rooms & the wonderful staff were available everywhere we have travelled. We will definitely recommend Seven Suns.

Room Tip: Worth spending the little bit extra for a large suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I originally were only going to stay here for 4 nights but we were so happy with the rice, location, staff and value that we almost doubled our stay! The owner (Lester) was very friendly, helping us with with any questions and offering a family type atmosphere. The rooms were huge and very clean. Quiet road and bright, sunny rooms.

Room Tip: no elevator so ask for first or second floor if you have a large amount of baggage they have free bike storage, so you can rent a bike for a few days and leave it in the lobby area where it is safe!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2011

So cute and nice, and breakfast whenever you want:-)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends